• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

there is still one car I place above all others ( just me, personally)

24095673.jpg

Probably in my top 3 most beautiful cars of all time...maybe even top 2.

:cloud9:

#1 for me (thumbs u

Just got back from taking one of these for a romp in the hay...few things turn heads as much as a supercharged V8 unleashing 500 horses down the pavement on a cool morning.

68051.jpg.8bccb6fb70afaf40a2139dd01b1e0172.jpg

Just got back from taking one of these for a romp in the hay...few things turn heads as much as a supercharged V8 unleashing 500 horses down the pavement on a cool morning.

I used to love to cruise early mornings...

I used to love to cruise early mornings...

Yup. When he air is cold and dense the car seems to have a whole secret stash of ponies that are not there later.

Ever take a Mercedes-McLaren SLR out? Dodgy brakes but hellacious power. :insane:

68061.jpg.c548cf6f5d20c251dd4c007439658444.jpg

Nope, my old boss had one but it stayed in the show room.

I've driven a few SL 65's though. Similar V12 Twin Turbo junk.

:angel:

Are there any other choices???? How about a really good pizza? or a fresh strawberry pie?

Arent you in Kentucky Dale?? What you know about good pizza?? :grin:

Pizza Hut doesnt count either. :jokealert:

We have a place about 30 miles from us called Pagliai's that has the best pizza I have ever eaten anywhere, including NY, Chicago, or anywhere else. Just phenomenal. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

Are there any other choices???? How about a really good pizza? or a fresh strawberry pie?

Arent you in Kentucky Dale?? What you know about good pizza?? :grin:

Pizza Hut doesnt count either. :jokealert:

We have a place about 30 miles from us called Pagliai's that has the best pizza I have ever eaten anywhere, including NY, Chicago, or anywhere else. Just phenomenal. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

Im hungry now too. :sumo:

Is that the 308?

doh! No, it's the 288.

BTW - I saw an orange Diablo yesterday in traffic. Beautiful car and the epitome of Lamborghini styling IMO. They have only gotten uglier since.

288?Dont think thats a Ferrari mdel.Do you mean 208?Perhaps the 328?.You seem to be a bit confused :baiting:

I'm not a car guy, but wouldn't the car lose most of its value almost immediately?

The Action 1 would keep appreciating forever. :)

And I am sure that the thrill of having such a car would wear off. The thrill of an Action 1, though? Endless.

If you are buying a car in the hopes it appreciates in value, you dont drive it so much, so it will maintain its value. If you have a comic book thats worth that kind of money, you dont read it, you keep it in mylar and tuck it away nice and safe.

Same thing.

Is that the 308?

doh! No, it's the 288.

BTW - I saw an orange Diablo yesterday in traffic. Beautiful car and the epitome of Lamborghini styling IMO. They have only gotten uglier since.

My favorite was the Countach. I think the Diablo, Gallardo and various other Lambos since then have all been a step down in terms of pure aesthetic beauty.

Is that the 308?

doh! No, it's the 288.

288?Dont think thats a Ferrari mdel.Do you mean 208?Perhaps the 328?.You seem to be a bit confused :baiting:

1984 Ferrari 288 GTO :cloud9:

here is a pic of my 86 Ferrari 328 (3.2 L v8 versus the slight smaller and slightly less powerful "magnum" 308):

86ferrari.jpg

Is that the 308?

doh! No, it's the 288.

My favorite was the Countach. I think the Diablo, Gallardo and various other Lambos since then have all been a step down in terms of pure aesthetic beauty.

on more than one occasion I almost bought a 1989 25th Anv Countach 5000 S.... just always worried about parts and labor costs...

Aesthetic beauty is not the first thing I think about when someone says "Countach". I think it's pretty clunky-looking, with a kit-like quality about it; the Diablo at least added some curves to all the angles and was a step up in terms of pure design. I think many/most critics would say that the Miura was the height of aesthetic beauty for Lamborghini, though I think the new Reventon supercar is the best-looking, best-performing, coolest car Lambo has ever produced. When I was in Vegas recently, the Lambo dealer there told me that they had one of the 20 Reventons for (re)sale...for $2 million. That car is so exclusive and so awesome that I actually had to think about it. hm For about 30 seconds..."Sell the apartment, sell the comics, sell the art..." doh!