• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,902 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, kav said:

Highly doubt it but I sent him a message.

I highly don’t know but I’m glad you sent him a message. It’ll be interesting to see if there are 2 artists in the world with the same name as that. 

3 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I highly don’t know but I’m glad you sent him a message. It’ll be interesting to see if there are 2 artists in the world with the same name as that. 

maybe its his dad did the cover.

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

I often wondered if it’s him:

http://charlesarmentanoart.com

His career timeline works to have done it but who knows…

He just emailed me!  He is indeed the artist!  I replied
Can you tell me how you came to draw this cover and why you didnt do any others?  The work is fantastic.  
Will share the results.  This is a great day for comic historians!!!
@Buzzetta  I thought this might interest you.  You know how I'm always reaching out to creators.

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

If he started doing cover recreations or original love themed 70s stuff would you think collectors would be interested enough to make it worth his while?
Asking for a friend.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, N e r V said:

16AB4E1C-43AF-4E64-8CA2-4D8CDCC39EC8.thumb.jpeg.7f09b03fbb5e1e5b39cff57dda66edc5.jpeg

Murphy Anderson pedigree

Ps is that book valuable because of the cover or is it rare?

33 minutes ago, kav said:

He just emailed me!  He is indeed the artist!  I replied
Can you tell me how you came to draw this cover and why you didnt do any others?  The work is fantastic.  
Will share the results.  This is a great day for comic historians!!!
@Buzzetta  I thought this might interest you.  You know how I'm always reaching out to creators.

Don’t forget to mail me my usual $10,000.00 finders fee…:baiting:

1 minute ago, kav said:

I think the DC romance in general was less saved in condition much like the humor type books with children, so yeah, less available than other books of the era. The great covers like this are now in demand so like everything else less copies with increased demand = higher prices. The giant ones seem even scarcer than the other romance books at the time. Romance seemed to slow by the 1970’s vs it’s peak so I’d assume print runs were getting smaller too.

Just now, N e r V said:

I think the DC romance in general was less saved in condition much like the humor type books with children, so yeah, less available than other books of the era. The great covers like this are now in demand so like everything else less copies with increased demand = higher prices. The giant ones seem even scarcer than the other romance books at the time. Romance seemed to slow by the 1970’s vs it’s peak so I’d assume print runs were getting smaller too.

I talked him into doing cover recreations started thread in OA forum:

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Will this be @kav 2nd or first signature series? hm

I believe it's the cover, don't quote me, but I remember of my early days if the boards people discussing this book. :foryou:

43 minutes ago, kav said:

I badgered and whined very loudly and finally threatened him into doing cover recreations started thread in OA forum:

Fixed that for you. Probably something to repost in the Bronze Age section and on the romance thread in golden age too since there might be interest there as well. 

And you thought he was a long shot at being the guy.

Repeat after me, NerV sees all, knows all…lol

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

Fixed that for you. Probably something to repost in the Bronze Age section and on the romance thread in golden age too since there might be interest there as well. 

And you thought he was a long shot at being the guy.

Repeat after me, NerV sees all, knows all…lol

amazing
mail.gif

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

Did you bother to ask him prices? I’d hate to commission a $25,000.00 piece by mistake….lol

No but his paintings sell in the $900-$1200 range so around that maybe.  If there's a feeding frenzy for the iconic pieces that could change.

And they wont be commissions apparently he's going to start doing them.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

And they wont be commissions apparently he's going to start doing them.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

No but his paintings sell in the $900-$1200 range so around that maybe.  If there's a feeding frenzy for the iconic pieces that could change.

I’d have to see a painted version but honestly having him do his original pen work would be fine too. My Barks and LB Cole reproductions might be getting some company then…:banana:

Just now, N e r V said:

I’d have to see a painted version but honestly having him do his original pen work would be fine too. My Barks and LB Cole reproductions might be getting some company then…:banana:

Plus the pens available today are far superior to the ones he used back then.