• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,907 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 11:52 AM, AJLewandoski said:

I want to thank everyone who bought from my first sales thread on here and funded this purchase I appreciate you all!

20210724_125034.jpg

Looks good! Well done :) 

On 7/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Thanks - I'm finding a lot of people listing them as part of their Estate/moving/garage/yard/tag sale ads on Craigslist.  

Here's the top 10 from today's moving sale - some mixed Ages in there :bigsmile:

tig top 10.jpg

That's a nice lot too :)

Putting in the effort makes it all the more rewarding 

Nicely done 

On 7/25/2021 at 4:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a nice lot too :)

Putting in the effort makes it all the more rewarding 

Nicely done 

The guy had a trashed Avengers 196.  He asked me what it was worth if it was in good shape so I gave him the bad news :cry:.  Of course, it's also bad news for me.  He hasn't seen the movie, so I limited my commentary to "Comic fans are pretty upset with how they treated Taskmaster."

On 7/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The guy had a trashed Avengers 196.  He asked me what it was worth if it was in good shape so I gave him the bad news :cry:.  Of course, it's also bad news for me.  He hasn't seen the movie, so I limited my commentary to "Comic fans are pretty upset with how they treated Taskmaster."

Ya I've picked up ones like that for a couple of dollars. They make good readers. Still glad he was letting go of the ones you got, and hopefully for easy funds.

I laughed because the #196 I picked up was even brittle and the cover was falling apart lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I've picked up ones like that for a couple of dollars. They make good readers. Still glad he was letting go of the ones you got, and hopefully for easy funds.

I laughed because the #196 I picked up was even brittle and the cover was falling apart lol

Not to belabor this, but here's the copy.  Back cover has top left corner almost torn off and there are a couple of massive folds to interior pages.  One of the ASM's this guy had contained almost every flaw a comic can have, including a coupon cut out, writing inside the book in pen, tears, creases, etc.  But it was complete and the cover was attached! :banana:

AV - 196.jpg