• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,908 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Nice, not sure I have ever ran across these.  What year are these from?  

I think late 1970s. Embroidered felt with sticker backs, each is about 4x2 inches. I heard anecdotally there were ads for the patches in comics but I haven't come across them. 

6 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Can't stop looking at em! :x

Completed (I believe) these Bronze Era DC felt patches two weeks ago. 

2123199728_20210706_1624072.thumb.jpg.3a0ec3be9c54655800f2cdaf0237fa60.jpg

Wicked! Congratulations! DC was selling wall stickers in the 1970's and I convinced my father to by the set for me. Man, he was cheap. When I got them, I was dismayed to find they packed the sheet into a tube. And so of course, they wouldn't stay stuck to the wall. They wanted to roll back up.

I'd love to find another sheet of those same stickers but eBay is a vast sea of hero stickers. I tried searching a few times but dead ended.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Wicked! Congratulations! DC was selling wall stickers in the 1970's and I convinced my father to by the set for me. Man, he was cheap. When I got them, I was dismayed to find they packed the sheet into a tube. And so of course, they wouldn't stay stuck to the wall. They wanted to roll back up.

I'd love to find another sheet of those same stickers but eBay is a vast sea of hero stickers. I tried searching a few times but dead ended.

Oh, I remember wanting them.  I think I had put enough money in coins in an envelope before my brother told me it wasn't going to work, lol.

9 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

Here's a beautiful set that arrived in today's mail courtesy of @namisgr

BP set.jpg

Yyyyyeeeessss!!! I've bought a few of those as well, nice kirby action up to about issue 12 :headbang:

On 6/19/2021 at 12:44 PM, N e r V said:

16AB4E1C-43AF-4E64-8CA2-4D8CDCC39EC8.thumb.jpeg.7f09b03fbb5e1e5b39cff57dda66edc5.jpeg

Murphy Anderson pedigree

Great book! This one is still on my want list. There is a 9.4 Don Rosa ped on e bay. Reminds me of an early 70's version of Falling in Love 99. (Which I have a cgc 5.0). Cool book.(worship)