• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,911 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2021 at 3:55 PM, southern cross said:

PXL_20210702_003116676.thumb.jpg.40596d568c2228ce922297218f493156.jpg

Beautiful copy.  I loved the Marvel monster books from the early '70s. The "20 cents" era of Marvel was the period I first started reading Marvels and I loved virtually everything that Marvel put out.  Spidey, FF, Avengers, Cap, all of it including the non-superhero titles.  WMD was a particular favorite of mine. Didn't care if they were reprints for the most part, the stories were just plain cool to this kid.  

3 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Beautiful copy.  I loved the Marvel monster books from the early '70s. The "20 cents" era of Marvel was the period I first started reading Marvels and I loved virtually everything that Marvel put out.  Spidey, FF, Avengers, Cap, all of it including the non-superhero titles.  WMD was a particular favorite of mine. Didn't care if they were reprints for the most part, the stories were just plain cool to this kid.  

I like the prehero books.

I buy originals when I can and the picture frame ones.

I have a low grade original of this book.

But when I saw this with the color change to red, looks like a better color from the original I had to buy it.

Also the condition looks very nice for a raw book 👍

On 7/3/2021 at 12:58 PM, Cornelius The First said:

This beauty arrived today

7D1BA444-12A5-44AF-A164-90F7613677C2.jpeg

Curious how everyone feels about the even miswrap…personally I don’t mind it at all since it’s symmetrical…and this is one of my grails, I plan on keeping this for a long time. Just curious on some others thoughts on the matter since opinions seem to differ. 

1 minute ago, Cornelius The First said:

Curious how everyone feels about the even miswrap…personally I don’t mind it at all since it’s symmetrical…and this is one of my grails, I plan on keeping this for a long time. Just curious on some others thoughts on the matter since opinions seem to differ. 

I don't mind a symmetrical miswrap - it's the ones that are crooked that bug me the most. Nice book!

Also, your username threw me for a loop - we used to have a cat that we named Cornelius Maximus the First, for no other reason than we liked how it sounded.

12 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I don't mind a symmetrical miswrap - it's the ones that are crooked that bug me the most. Nice book!

Also, your username threw me for a loop - we used to have a cat that we named Cornelius Maximus the First, for no other reason than we liked how it sounded.

Appreciate the feedback! Real first name is Cory, that’s just the royal version lol.