• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

The other, to me, is your uncalled for sarcasm and acidic comments aimed towards KOR. This is a small community, lets all be civil to one another. Lets keep the fun in the funny business and try not to get negative in any personal way and we all can have pancakes and smile.

I'd say the Flaming guy should buy it because he likes to be the crazed, "look at me" attention-whore crusader whenever possible.

(shrug)

The other, to me, is your uncalled for sarcasm and acidic comments aimed towards KOR. This is a small community, lets all be civil to one another. Lets keep the fun in the funny business and try not to get negative in any personal way and we all can have pancakes and smile.

I'd say the Flaming guy should buy it because he likes to be the crazed, "look at me" attention-whore crusader whenever possible.

(shrug)

Not cool. Nicks good people. But I will continue watching. :popcorn:

It's not clear. I've said over and over again, that by my assesment it did not suffer slab damage. I have seen many, many slabbed books, and the damage seen on this book is not consistent with how books damaged in a slab usually look.

And with you being the Ultimate Authority on...well, everything, it would seem...you didn't see any need to give full details of the damage, and maybe even provide photos of the areas of concern, so that a potential buyer could make his or her mind up about it?

Instead, with your 'over-graded' comment and abysmal scan, you would rather lead a buyer to believe that he's probably getting a 9.6 for his/her $125?

If the grading was incorrect on this book, it should have been sold out of the slab with the grade assessed by yourself (you yourself have put great store by 'your assessment'), or in the slab with full and detailed information regarding the damage.

The fact that the book seems to be around the 9.0 mark, and thus worth about $10, obviously had nothing to do with your decision. meh

Yes, I am the ultimate authority on it. It is my book, therefore with all matters concerning it I am the ultimate authority. Why would I think otherwise? :screwy:

And it's not an "abysmal" scan. It's a digital photo. I don't have a scanner that can scan slabs. You don't know the difference between a scan and a photo?

You'll find that the grade CGC gives on most books is not going to be in agreeance with the owners grade. Most of the slabbed books I own, I don't agree with the grade. Does that mean I have an obligation to deslab them and sell them raw? No. And if you think so, than it's true what they say regarding your mental common sense faculties. As I said before, whether I agree with the grade or not, I will sell it at their certified grade.

Have all your books suffered slab damage?

Or are all of them over-graded by four points on the grading scale?

Because that is the only thing we are talking about here...one book, specific damage, not disclosed.

It's not clear. I've said over and over again, that by my assesment it did not suffer slab damage. I have seen many, many slabbed books, and the damage seen on this book is not consistent with how books damaged in a slab usually look.

And with you being the Ultimate Authority on...well, everything, it would seem...you didn't see any need to give full details of the damage, and maybe even provide photos of the areas of concern, so that a potential buyer could make his or her mind up about it?

Instead, with your 'over-graded' comment and abysmal scan, you would rather lead a buyer to believe that he's probably getting a 9.6 for his/her $125?

If the grading was incorrect on this book, it should have been sold out of the slab with the grade assessed by yourself (you yourself have put great store by 'your assessment'), or in the slab with full and detailed information regarding the damage.

The fact that the book seems to be around the 9.0 mark, and thus worth about $10, obviously had nothing to do with your decision. meh

Yes, I am the ultimate authority on it. It is my book, therefore with all matters concerning it I am the ultimate authority. Why would I think otherwise? :screwy:

And it's not an "abysmal" scan. It's a digital photo. I don't have a scanner that can scan slabs. You don't know the difference between a scan and a photo?

You'll find that the grade CGC gives on most books is not going to be in agreeance with the owners grade. Most of the slabbed books I own, I don't agree with the grade. Does that mean I have an obligation to deslab them and sell them raw? No. And if you think so, than it's true what they say regarding your mental common sense faculties. As I said before, whether I agree with the grade or not, I will sell it at their certified grade.

Because that is the only thing we are talking about here...one book, specific damage, not disclosed.

None of my books have suffered slab damage (that I know of).

I don't have an obligation to describe various defects on slabbed books. Whatever defects are present, it was graded a 9.8.

(shrug)

:roflmao:

(shrug)

(tsk) Nick has always been very stand up with me. And disclosed any flaws he noticed on a book I had purchased. The fact that he went out of his way to describe things, and answer any questions I had on ANY purchase honestly speaks volumes. And while he may not agree with some peoples OPINIONS, it does not impact how I think of him. So while you may get a good chuckle in. He is still a guy I feel very easy about doing business with, and have had some really great conversations with.

I don't have an obligation to describe various defects on slabbed books. Whatever defects are present, it was graded a 9.8.

And finally, my very first question is answered. :applause:

Given the disclosure offered to you by the original seller, and given the obvious problems with the book, and given the hugely discounted price he sold it to you because of the major issues...

What you did was underhanded.

Thank you. (thumbs u

And finally, my very first question is answered. :applause:

Given the disclosure offered to you by the original seller, and given the obvious problems with the book, and given the hugely discounted price he sold it to you because of the major issues...

What you did was underhanded.

Thank you. (thumbs u

Whatever you say. :juggle: If that works for you, than I'm willing to say it's fine by me. Anything to get a crazy person to shut their trap for five minutes.

I have stated my assesment of the book and the disclaimer regarding my opinion I presented in my listing. If my disclaimer is not to your liking, well, that's too bad.

So in the end the label is superior to the book? And any damage that may be present should be ignored because the label states otherwise.

Kind of like buying a new statue that is broken inside a new box. Because the box is fine and unopened, the statue defect should be ignored?

(shrug)

Stephen,

I'm not really following this thread very carefully, nor am I really studying very carefully exactly what happened here that has you two in such dispute.

However, Nick is a) one of three or four raw sellers on the boards who I would say, unquestionably, grades with consistent accuracy and is generally conservative. b) Nick is one of the most honest guys I've ever met in comics. This is after meeting hundreds of collectors and dealing with almost all the major dealers. There are few I would put on Nick's level. c) Has a rep among his peers in Great Britain that I've spoken to that is second to none.

There is no way I would ever describe Nick as an "attention whore" or anything of the like.

"I have seen many, many slabbed books, and the damage seen on this book is not consistent with how books damaged in a slab usually look."

You've never used the disclaimer in your auctions before? Is your opinion based on scans or books that you've owned? What's happening to all of these slab damaged books if you held them in your hands?

Are you saying a potential buyer should get burned badly because CGC may have damaged the book during encapsulation, instead of this being SCS?

"I have seen many, many slabbed books, and the damage seen on this book is not consistent with how books damaged in a slab usually look."

You've never used the disclaimer in your auctions before? Is your opinion based on scans or books that you've owned? What's happening to all of these slab damaged books if you held them in your hands?

Are you saying a potential buyer should get burned badly because CGC may have damaged the book during encapsulation, instead of this being SCS?

So you noticed these statements do not work well with eachother also.

Im here for the :popcorn:

This to me lies at the heart of this whole thing.

Listing a slab for sale as is, even though it it not what it once was. Unfortunately we will probably see more and more of this as the years go by.

And Stephen, would it kill you to just admit that while yes you did say you thought it was overgraded, to mention why you felt it was and let the buyer decide for themselves what it is worth?

You are free to list the book for whatever amount you want to, but given how it was listed and sold to you I can see why how you chose to relist it is not sitting well.

Take a few lumps and move on I say.