• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

ok, I hope I am not dredging up that which has already been lain to rest (I stopped reading after a while and have been away a few days)

...but can someone confirm I have my recap correct, but I find this to be a fairly important discussion:

Person A buys a book that the seller states -*IMPORTANT NOTE: This book has suffered damaged while encased in the slab. A small tear has started emanating from the top of the bottom staple and a couple of corners show a small bit of impact blunting. I have enclosed close-ups of the visible damage below.

That seems to imply that the book was a 9.8 and that the seller is stating to the buyer (call them person B) that the book is no longer a 9.8 because damage has occured...

Person B then sells or makes for sale the book, stating they think it is overgraded, and that is their opinion, when they already know the fact that it was not overgraded, but damage occured inside the slab (as confirmed by the orginal seller, person A)...

Person C calls person B out in this thread, and then the rest gets a bit heated, etc?

do I have it right, kind of?

Actually, forget about all this...it's totally futile.

The fact that you cannot see what you might have done wrong is even more worrying than what you actually did. :(

Pretty much spot on with both sentiments here Nick. (thumbs u

I disagree. It isn't totally futile. Perhaps someone else will learn for the thread. This is no sillier than the round rosies we go through in the pressing threads.

Stephen is young. He tries very hard to be taken seriously and he should be. I know that sometimes in the desire to win the argument, the principle gets lost in the milieu.

I hope he sees this as a learning experience and understands how maybe better to apply himself in the future and listen to advice tendered by friends a little more closely.

i think you may have misused a word in here.

if so, accept my forgiveness in advance. if not, then my apologies. six in one

I did check the definition, but I could have been mistaken. If I am wrong, I freely admit it and will try my best to be more studious in the future. :)

Is it plausable that the seller thinks that the book was overgraded AND damage did occur?

I would diffinitely have stated in my ad that the book:

"is no longer a 9.8 and in my opinion, was overgraded to begin with. Judge yourself from the scans, but I would call it a 9.0-9.2".

ok, I hope I am not dredging up that which has already been lain to rest (I stopped reading after a while and have been away a few days)

...but can someone confirm I have my recap correct, but I find this to be a fairly important discussion:

Person A buys a book that the seller states -*IMPORTANT NOTE: This book has suffered damaged while encased in the slab. A small tear has started emanating from the top of the bottom staple and a couple of corners show a small bit of impact blunting. I have enclosed close-ups of the visible damage below.

That seems to imply that the book was a 9.8 and that the seller is stating to the buyer (call them person B) that the book is no longer a 9.8 because damage has occured...

Person B then sells or makes for sale the book, stating they think it is overgraded, and that is their opinion, when they already know the fact that it was not overgraded, but damage occured inside the slab (as confirmed by the orginal seller, person A)...

Person C calls person B out in this thread, and then the rest gets a bit heated, etc?

do I have it right, kind of?

I believe you nailed it my wise friend.

The fact that you cannot see what you might have done wrong is even more worrying than what you actually did. :(

I disagree. It isn't totally futile. Perhaps someone else will learn for the thread. This is no sillier than the round rosies we go through in the pressing threads.

Stephen is young. He tries very hard to be taken seriously and he should be. I know that sometimes in the desire to win the argument, the principle gets lost in the milieu.

I hope he sees this as a learning experience and understands how maybe better to apply himself in the future and listen to advice tendered by friends a little more closely.

I did check the definition, but I could have been mistaken. If I am wrong, I freely admit it and will try my best to be more studious in the future. :)

i did enjoy said usage, right or wrong, so even in the worst case it isn't a total loss, my tennneeessseean chum :foryou:

(thumbs u

Sorry, really trying hard to follow along here. Who is Stephen? During these discussions when people start using real names it can get a little confusing for the rest of us who don't know the players outside of thier online identity.

Thanks (thumbs u

i did enjoy said usage, right or wrong, so even in the worst case it isn't a total loss, my tennneeessseean chum :foryou:

Who are you and what have done with Sal? If you are Sal, what and how long have you been drinking? hm

Even in a bummer of a thread two of my favorites spread some joy by peacefully discussing the English language. Damn, this is a beautiful place. :applause:

Well said, Doc. (thumbs u

milieu means honey, right?

that would be my advice to KingofRulers (for those that don't know Stephen as Stephen...and somehow, he always ends up between 2 blondes!!!)...

sometimes, it is not a matter of what "one" thinks, but a matter of how other's interpret our actions and/or intentions...whether one is right or wrong, sometimes conforming to the general public's (or private friends) perception and advice, is the right move to make (thumbs u

that would be my advice to KingofRulers (for those that don't know Stephen as Stephen...and somehow, he always ends up between 2 blondes!!!)...

sometimes, it is not a matter of what "one" thinks, but a matter of how other's interpret our actions and/or intentions...whether one is right or wrong, sometimes conforming to the general public's (or private friends) perception and advice, is the right move to make (thumbs u

AHHHHH KoR is Stephen doh! This really is the best day time drama ever.

Thanks for filling in the gap for me... :foryou: