• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

:::::::Just a thought concerning the OP :::::

Has anyone considered the possibility that the OP may have removed the 1st print book from the PGX slab...resealed & reinserted a later print book in the PGX slab and then video recorded the slab cracking event???... hm

I've only opened a couple of PGX slabs. In the video, he seemed to have legitimate trouble opening the slab, as if it were the first time the slab was cracked open. I could be wrong tho.

As someone who has opened 7 or 8 PGX cases, I have only broken a corner post off once. All other times the case comes apart in one piece, and can easily be resealed. :gossip:

:::::::Just a thought concerning the OP :::::

Has anyone considered the possibility that the OP may have removed the 1st print book from the PGX slab...resealed & reinserted a later print book in the PGX slab and then video recorded the slab cracking event???... hm

I've only opened a couple of PGX slabs. In the video, he seemed to have legitimate trouble opening the slab, as if it were the first time the slab was cracked open. I could be wrong tho.

As someone who has opened 7 or 8 PGX cases, I have only broken a corner post off once. All other times the case comes apart in one piece, and can easily be resealed. :gossip:

That is true. Once I owned one that opend with out breaking the posts, but the book is sealed in the inner well, and unlike CGC I thought the label is sealed in the well as well.

I only put forth the possibility... I assume a good defense lawyer would do the same... hm

Not without significant points deducted from the firms reputation, and their claim for providing a tamper evident holder.

They still have "points"? :shy:

I only put forth the possibility... I assume a good defense lawyer would do the same... hm

Not without significant points deducted from the firms reputation, and their claim for providing a tamper evident holder.

I don't mean to drudge up anything unrelated, but because you raised it with the above scenario and the obvious intent to brush them with more tar, wasn't there a claim made on these boards some years back (the post included pictures and detailed instructions that got pulled quicker than a rotten tooth string-tied to the doorknob of getaway train) on how to do the same with the CGC holder?

I don't mean to drudge up anything unrelated, but because you raised it with the above scenario and the obvious intent to brush them with more tar, wasn't there a claim made on these boards some years back (the post included pictures and detailed instructions that got pulled quicker than a rotten tooth string-tied to the doorknob of getaway train) on how to do the same with the CGC holder?

Yup...but the point being...it can be done... hm

I get the feeling that this thread will soon be taking a trip. :tonofbricks:

I haven't kept up with this mess so I might be missing something, but if you are talking about switching books, it can not be done unless you could succesfully open and reseal the inner well. Even if you took a later print that had been previously graded and reinserted the whole inner well in to the slab, the label is sealed in the inner well also.

Like I said, I haven't read all of this mess so if I'm off base, i apologize.

No big loss... :news:

Pshaw! This thread has been more entertaining than any thread in the past year. :popcorn:

No big loss... :news:

Pshaw! This thread has been more entertaining than any thread in the past year. :popcorn:

there have been some pretty good one's Dice

Where? Did they get deleted? hm

What does "ring off" mean? I grew up in NY and bever heard of this.

What's "bever" got to do with it . . . :insane:

Joe - read my question again (it's in the question) :baiting: maybe you're not old enough ;)

I'm dumber than most. Will someone explain this to me? Slowly.

I'm even dopier. Please explain the NY/Ring off reference.

You just want to post that pic of the first cordless phone. 1722509-TJ.JPG

(by the way, I like how you named the image TJ lol )

I saw you bumped that thread in the water cooler. To this day that cell phone pic is among the funniest I've seen on here! The look on that guy's face is priceless!