• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting Goals for 2009

96 posts in this topic

Well last year I was looking for a nice V page and that happened, so why not try to go two for two with the "collecting goals" list...sound like a broken record here, but it's for posterity when someone resurrects this thread a year from now...

#1 - a nice Watchmen page featuring Ozy or Dr. M. Either an A grade page that I know I'll have to pay the piper for or "the right" B page which I'd be looking for "the right" price on.

If that can't happen, I'd like to pick up at least one of the following:

An iconic Epting or Cassaday Captain America cover.

Grade A Kingdom Come page

Grade A Batman Hush page

Primo Sandman page by Zulli, Hempel, PCR, K. Jones, Vess, or Dringenberg (yes, it's time to scratch the itch again)

The right Preacher page

Hopefully I will attain these goals next year.

H. G. Peter - Wonder Woman page

Hogarth - Tarzan strip

Mother Goose and Grimm strip

Green Hornet golden age cover

Silver Surfer page from the first series featuring Shalla-Bal or Silver Surfer or Methisto

Here are some of my OA collecting goals for 2009.

1. Get an Ernie Chan comission. I have a special idea for an Ernie Chan comission and hope to get it this year.

2. Grail Quest for a Ploog Badger cover. Mike Barons Badger from First comics is one of my favorite comics of all time. Mike Ploog did the covers for issues 33 34 35 36. I would like to find, and procure one of them.

3. If I can't get a Ploog Badger I am going to try and get a Bill Reinhold one...

4. I need to scan and organize my whole collection and get it on CAF

5. Conan is my favorite OA subject. I do not own any Big John Buscema pieces and would like to get an iconic one this year.

6. One of these days I am going to buy a Cerebus page... Here is hoping it is within the next 400 days... :juggle:

I'm hoping to finally get that V page I've been after for years.

Besides that I'm always looking for Preacher and Sandman pages.

I'm also hoping to find the right Wrightson piece, A Jeffrey Jones Painting that my wife will let me hang in the house and I'm kicking myself for not going after a Fables cover a little while back so I'll be keeping my eye out for something like that too and whatever else looks good.

I've never set plans for the year before, seems like a good idea. So, here's my wishlist/pipe-dream for 2009...

Kurt Scharffenberger Lois Lane 70/71 page with CATWOMAN (do these still exist??)

Budd Root Cavewoman cover

Jordi Bernet Catwoman page/commission

Eduardo Barreto Catwoman commish

Darwyn Cooke Catwoman commish

Why not a Budd Root Cavewoman vs. Catwoman commission?

That would be awesome. :grin:

I was fortunate to add a EVS GL Rebirth cover to my collection in 2008.

While I do have my want list, for 2009, perhaps a reasonably priced Jimmy Cheung cover, splash or DPS. I have very modest goals so any help is appreciated even if it's still 2008. :grin:

Cheers!

N

My goals for 2009:

Aliens/DHP cover, hopefully by Nelson

Terminator Now Comics Cover or an even an interior page from issue 1-17...where are they?

Briefer Frankenstein cover/splash/cover from the Horror run in the 50s...heck I would even take a humor issue page at this point.

Weird War/House of Secrets Dominguez cover

Iron Man cover and one pre issue 100 splash

One Tales of Suspense page

Should be a fun year.

considering how well I did with my 2008 goals, maybe my 2009 goals should be to buy less stuff! :D

I'll just continue to buy art from comics I enjoy as they become available. The newer stuff is easier, since the artist or reps still have them. It's the older stuff that are in circulation that are much harder (e.g. Grell Longbow Hunters page, early Maguire JLA page)

Good luck to everyone in their 2009 goals!

My OA goals for 2009:

A nice Gil Kane page (preferably something Spider-Man or Batman related).

A nice John Buscema page (preferably something Conan related).

At least one Wild Dog page from his Action Comics Weekly run.

A Spider-Girl or Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) cover.

That's all for now. :)

I'd like an original cover by S. Clarke Hawbaker.

And not one of his popular -- i.e., Marvel -- covers, either. Give me a PROTECTORS piece (#1, #3 or the handbook), ACE OF DIAMONDS #1 or MS. MYSTIC #5 or #6.

That shouldn't be difficult, right? Right?