• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my entire Collection - Part 2 First up: Timelys

563 posts in this topic

Ben, thanks for keeping things low-key... :baiting:

Let's just say it's in my Top 10 :shy:

GE

well, to stir the pot, I have to consider a potential sale/offer on my mmc 9 in 5.0, and if so, "I" am buying Adam's copy if available :baiting:

Is this going to be the first million dollar for-sale thread on the Boards? Wow.
I bet adam can reach half that, if not more (thumbs u

Well, there was the Action 1 that schommy had up for sale a while back. It didn't sell though.

Marvel Mystery 7 CGC 9.0 VF/NM Extensive Professional

"Color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced"

Off-white to White pages

Unbelievable colors on this one... looks like it just came off the rack.

Asking $2650

MarvelMystery7.jpg

GE

well, to stir the pot, I have to consider a potential sale/offer on my mmc 9 in 5.0, and if so, "I" am buying Adam's copy if available :baiting:

:sumo: looks like I started a wrestling match...you must have a "silly" offer Gator...

GE

:sumo: looks like I started a wrestling match...you must have a "silly" offer Gator...

silly enough to make me consider selling it (thumbs u

GE

Where are the books? Need more books! :popcorn:

GE

Seems like all GA goes through the Gator's mouth at some point. lol

Marvel Mystery 8

This issue starts the famous Human Torch / Sub-Mariner battle that continues in issue #9

Purchased this one as an F/VF from a major dealer at the SD Comic Con a few years ago. Structurally the book is solid, but staining probably brings the book down into the FN range at best.

Moderate restoration (color touch, tear seals, pieces added) primarily limited to the right edge

$2250

Marvel8.jpg

MarvelMystery8back.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics 3

I purchased this one as an apparent F/VF. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure how to grade it myself.

The front cover has a number of obvious tear seals. (Two along the M in "Marvel", one across the chest of the guy holding the hatchet, one in the bottom left corner and one on the right edge)

Other than these tear seals the cover has fantastic eye appeal.

I would say the restoration is extensive on this one because of the number of tear seals, even though all that appears to have been done is color touch (mostly limited to where the tears were sealed), tear seals, and a few small pieces added.

In my experience Marvel 3 is one of the toughest of the first 10 to find. GPA and the census back that up with only one sale of this book recorded on GPA in the last 2 years and only 15 copies total on the CGC census.

Overstreet in F/VF is just over $8000

GPA has a MP 7.0 selling last year for $2810

Asking $2800

MarvelMystery3.jpg

MMC3back.jpg

Friggin *spoon* Fantastic

:applause: