• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my entire Collection - Part 2 First up: Timelys

563 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics 3

I purchased this one as an apparent F/VF. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure how to grade it myself.

The front cover has a number of obvious tear seals. (Two along the M in "Marvel", one across the chest of the guy holding the hatchet, one in the bottom left corner and one on the right edge)

Other than these tear seals the cover has fantastic eye appeal.

I would say the restoration is extensive on this one because of the number of tear seals, even though all that appears to have been done is color touch (mostly limited to where the tears were sealed), tear seals, and a few small pieces added.

In my experience Marvel 3 is one of the toughest of the first 10 to find. GPA and the census back that up with only one sale of this book recorded on GPA in the last 2 years and only 15 copies total on the CGC census.

Overstreet in F/VF is just over $8000

GPA has a MP 7.0 selling last year for $2810

Asking $2800

MarvelMystery3.jpg

MMC3back.jpg

:takeit:, per PM

damn fine pick up...congrats!!!!

Marvel Mystery 10

This one concludes the Human Torch / Sub-Mariner battle

Purchased from motor city as an apparent VF+

I'm going to refrain from grading this one myself. Its got a large diagonal crease on the bottom right hand corner that was mostly fixed during the restoration process. its not very visible from the outside front cover, but it is very visible from the inside front cover. Not sure how CGC would take off for it.

"color touch, tear seals, pieces added, staples replaced"

Asking $2250

MMC10.jpg

MMC10back.jpg

I think thats it for tonight, unless there's anyone out there tonight dying to see a Human Torch 1 or All Select 1 tonight, I think I'll hold off on the rest of the Timelys until tomorrow.

I think thats it for tonight, unless there's anyone out there tonight dying to see a Human Torch 1 or All Select 1 tonight, I think I'll hold off on the rest of the Timelys until tomorrow.

I know I can't afford it but All Select #1 is my favorite cover of all time!! :luhv:

Filter, any preview as to what might be showing up after the Timelys? :grin:

At this point i still have the non-MarvelMystery Timelys to go, I have the rest of the Action run that I didn't get to last night, a couple More Funs, some Planets, a few Platinum age #1s, a Batman 100, Startling 49, Flash 23 CGC 9.0, a pair of Amazing fantasy 15s, Amazing Spider-man 1, two JLA 1s, an All Star 8, a couple of random Schomburg covers, and I think thats about it!

I also have some silver age bound volumes but they might go straight to Heritage unless there are any bound volume collectors on the boards that really want to see them.

After that I have some raw X-mens, Tales of Suspense, Avengers, All Stars, and low grade pre-hero silver age books to finish selling but they'll probably go in a separate thread after this one is finished.