• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toon Tumblers and ice cold beer....

496 posts in this topic

I hate to be a drag, but Toon Tumblers is a registered trademark of PopFunMerchandising. Its not a catchall term for a glass with a comic character on it.

Toon Tumblers website.

The mastermind is our own underthebigW; he's probably too classy to say anything but I'm not. This thread was originally made to celebrate his product because he is our friend and board mate, not shoddy goods from competitors who jumped in for a quick buck after he took the plunge.

+1

A lot of the glasses being shown here are not Toon Tumblers.

I hate to be a drag, but Toon Tumblers is a registered trademark of PopFunMerchandising. Its not a catchall term for a glass with a comic character on it.

Toon Tumblers website.

The mastermind is our own underthebigW; he's probably too classy to say anything but I'm not. This thread was originally made to celebrate his product because he is our friend and board mate, not shoddy goods from competitors who jumped in for a quick buck after he took the plunge.

So are you saying we should change the name of the thread ?

Toon Tumblers website.

+1

Yup, I was going to chime in on this too. 'Toon Tumblers is a brand name.

Toon Tumblers website.

+1

Tis true.... they are not. But its still nice to see everyones different glassware and even better seeing all the different beers. I think a thread like this would only help promote Pauls business, not detract from it. So what if theres an occasional Daffy Duck, Darth Vader or Burger King sports glass thrown in there. We're having a good time :banana:

Just something I found in the fridge, Ithaca Beer Company's Nut Brown Ale.

East coast beer. I don't see that one around here ever :(

Toon Tumblers website.

+1

Tis true.... they are not. But its still nice to see everyones different glassware and even better seeing all the different beers. I think a thread like this would only help promote Pauls business, not detract from it. So what if theres an occasional Daffy Duck, Darth Vader or Burger King sports glass thrown in there. We're having a good time :banana:

Just something I found in the fridge, Ithaca Beer Company's Nut Brown Ale.

East coast beer. I don't see that one around here ever :(

meh

This just in...

"Coming soon (real soon!) -- Looney Tunes™ 'Toon Tumblers®. All the wit and wise-guy irreverence of the original Looney Tunes™ cartoons on heavy duty pint glasses. Guaranteed to make any drink taste better."

561989_10150755386027880_187974747879_9632783_1322013393_n.jpg

So by that logic CGC shouldn't have a problem with being synonymous with PGX; it's all the same. meh

But in all honesty, Paul has put in a ton of time and effort in differentiating his 'Toon Tumblers from other glasses on the market. While many of the products currently out there seek the least-cost option for manufacturing, 'Toon Tumblers are (and always have been) the gold standard of decorated glassware.

This just in...

"Coming soon (real soon!) -- Looney Tunes™ 'Toon Tumblers®. All the wit and wise-guy irreverence of the original Looney Tunes™ cartoons on heavy duty pint glasses. Guaranteed to make any drink taste better."

561989_10150755386027880_187974747879_9632783_1322013393_n.jpg

What a great image! Paul must finally have found a photographer worth keeping.

So by that logic CGC shouldn't have a problem with being synonymous with PGX; it's all the same. meh

But in all honesty, Paul has put in a ton of time and effort in differentiating his 'Toon Tumblers from other glasses on the market. While many of the products currently out there seek the least-cost option for manufacturing, 'Toon Tumblers are (and always have been) the gold standard of decorated glassware.

Lets talk a little business. I do not understand how if Paul owns the license from Marvel for making a Wolverine glass, how some other fly-by-night glass company can come out with a Wolverine glass and get it put into Target or WalMart or Pennys without Marvel sending their attack lawyers over there and kicking some azz.

Now in the CGC / PGX senario. To 90 % of the people of earth, I think they would see a slabbed book and just say.... "oh, its in one of those plastic things". They don't know CGC from PGX. Only the people on the inside know cuz its a specialty market. What if there were 10 grading and slabbing companies ? Then only time and reputation are going to show who is the respected leader in the field. A good name is to be chosen over great riches.

Glassware is universal and I can understand Pauls perspective and I want to be completely supportive of it. It never occured to me, that some glass company would knock off cheaper Wolverine glasses, because it never occured to me that Marvel would grant the license and rights to more than one company make Wolverine glassware. If they didn't then Marvel is who should be fighting the fight. If they did.... then I need to get on board with Paul and support whole heartedly only his product

which actually I do :gossip:

I'm sad to say that I'm out of Toon Tumblers that havn't been seen already. But I'm NOT out of BEER !!! This IPA comes from the Pyramid Brewery in Seattle. Good stuff :luhv:

Any other beer samplers out there tonight ??

003.jpg

I am back Brothers and Sisters!!!

Successful move from California to lovely and rainy (what is this wet stuff? Didn't see that in Twentynine Palms!!) Stafford Virginia!

Between unpacking and getting settled, I have taken a view pics of delicious ice cold beer in my favorite tumblers, which I will include here tomorrow along with some pics of my promotion party (Sergeant Major-OORAH!) and cross country drive (my cat Shiva chewed thorough her cat carrier in Tennesee and wreaked havoc in the car-hilarious pic coming tomorrow! lol

G O O D T I M E S !!!!!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

lol

Thank you all for participating in this outstanding thread!

I will be starting a new one called Comics and Ice Cold Beer!

I hope to see you there! Stay thirsty my friends!!!!

G O O D T I M E S !!!!!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris