• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 Christmas Gift Exchange Display Thread

206 posts in this topic

Woot!

SSgift.jpg

VFish copies of UXM #129 & 166, and a SS (Kubert) book that has the first appearance of...well, I don't know who that is. Probably nobody important!

:jokealert:

So, thank you very much JesterSB! Three very nice books, and my first SS slab! :headbang:

Home-made pies pictured for added deliciousness.

What's with the plyers? The plot thickens.

Ha Ha. Truth is Cimm. Just now is the first time I noticed the brittle pages annotation. I din't put on my glasses when I picked one out of the drawer to send to you. Honestly, I wouldn't have sent it if I had seen the page quality. I would have found another.

Now I feel bad. I gotta remember to put my glasses on when I am handling them thar books.

If you would like to send that one back, I can send you this one instead. I would be happy to do that. I feel bad I didn't pay attention to the "small print" on the label.

mitzi1front-1.jpg

Looks more like some sorta torture device. Why would you keep a pizza cutter in the fridge?

That's not a fridge, it's my counter. The racks are for the pies to cool after being pulled from the oven. See the electrical outlet behind the SS?

Besides, if I were inclined to torture someone, I'd use the prop I bought for my halloween costume this year....

glove.jpg

Hand-crafted , and scares the living hell out of my GF. :grin:

Ha Ha. Truth is Cimm. Just now is the first time I noticed the brittle pages annotation. I din't put on my glasses when I picked one out of the drawer to send to you. Honestly, I wouldn't have sent it if I had seen the page quality. I would have found another.

Now I feel bad. I gotta remember to put my glasses on when I am handling them thar books.

If you would like to send that one back, I can send you this one instead. I would be happy to do that. I feel bad I didn't pay attention to the "small print" on the label.

mitzi1front-1.jpg

Man, it was a gift, it is in my collection field, and it is Fiction House... Please do NOT feel bad! I like it, and since I already have a low grade reader in the G+ range, I have no reason to de-slab it, so the pages are just fine as they are... This one is a VAST improvement, appearance wise, over my undercopy... I thank you, and appreciate your generosity in sending it!

Woot!

SSgift.jpg

VFish copies of UXM #129 & 166, and a SS (Kubert) book that has the first appearance of...well, I don't know who that is. Probably nobody important!

Home-made pies pictured for added deliciousness.

What's with the plyers? The plot thickens.

You see...here's how it works:

1) Obtain pliers

2) Insert pliers into pie

3) Deliver pie to the prison

So which one of your family is in prison? :grin:

And once in prison the pliers will be used to....pull a bad tooth that the prison dentist won't touch?

Yank fingernails out of uncooperative boy toys? Crack walnuts?

Inquiring minds want to know!