• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to discuss San Diego Comicon 2009?

165 posts in this topic

I would pay $$$ for this set from SDCC... I'd put them up on the shelf with my Blackest Night FCBD issue I'm getting SS graded by Geoff Johns :wishluck:

I hope to get all 5 at the con. A set pre-sold recently on eBay for $350! :o

I did not know about the non transferable tickets. It's all good though. I just thought if I was going to take a random vacation this summer it would be good to center it around a close Comic Con. Thanks for the info!

From the Comic-Con website:

Reselling, reusing or transferring a Comic-Con membership is strictly prohibited.

Badges and memberships are non-transferable.

REFUND REQUESTS

If you have purchased a membership and cannot attend Comic-Con 2009 you must apply for a refund by June 19, 2009.

As far as I can tell, the only possible way around that policy would be for the seller to actually show up for Preview Night on Wednesday and pick up their badge, then exit the convention and sell it to the buyer. Would you buy a ticket on eBay and then trust the seller to show up and do that?

I am wondering if the Comic-Con will be selling the tickets that belonged to people who decided not to attend and applied for a refund.

Geez, this is the first time I have logged on in somewhere between 6-9 months. Kinda' lost my passion for comics, but that's besides the point. One thing I have not lost one iota of interest in is the SD con. It'll be my 17th year in a row this time. Started gettin' excited about it so I thought I'd log on and see what's up with y'all.

Luckily my pal and I purchased our full memberships around January or so. Every single pass is now sold out, even single days, even Sunday and Thursday. I imagine that if anyone doesn't have a ticket now, ya' gotta' pay a scalper, sneak in, work in threes - two go in, one comes out with one pass to get the third in... where there is a will, there is a way.

As usual for the last three years we were shut out of the con sponsored hotels. Can't get through when they go online, but luckily before that we booked a room at The Bristol for what I believe was their full rate per night, we are paying $209 per night for four nights. Would have preferred The Hyatt or Marriott, but oh well.

As usual I'll watch in disbelief as the lines form for hours for people waiting to get in. I never wait in any lines in San Diego, don't need too. Well, OK, maybe for a few minutes in one of the food lines, but other than that if you time it right, don't need to be the "first to get in" or "the best seats", then you will be fine. I arrive at the con 30 minutes after the open each day and walk right in. No line. Granted there are some panels (like Lost) that I'd love to see, but you need to wait in line to get into a high demand panel like that. Not for me when there is an entire con going on downstairs and all around me. Life is just too short to waste waiting in line. I only bring this up because I hear people complain about it so often. It doesn't need to be that way.

Anyway, lookin' forwards to the con. Not sure what I'll buy. A few comics here and there just for fun, mostly impulse buys, mostly just stuff that looks cool, or that may be a bargain, or maybe as a gift. In any event, it is the highlight of my year each year and I am eagerly awaiting July 22nd.

Funny, BassGMan, I was just thinking about you this week. I was reading through the con dinner signup thread, and thought "Hey, didn't BassGMan go the last time?" Hope to see you at the con!

SDCC is taking pre-orders now for their 40th anniversay hard cover book at 20% off tax in:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_40th_book.php

Will also include pics from early WonderCons and APE (alternative press). Must be picked up from Room 29a. Sorry, no mail order but PayPal is OK.

Just ordered my copy for $31.99 US. Excellent item to get signed by artists, inkers, writers! :idea:

I hope it's not considered spamming, as I'm not starting threads, but I didn't get a nibble in the Signature Room.

If anyone could, I'd love one of these little jewels. They should be at the IDW booth.

It's the key from Locke and Key, I'll gladly pay for it (duh) as well as postage, time, and effort.

PM me if you think you can help!

:bump:

I missed the great hotels on reservation day on the Comic-con website, so I had to settle for the Quality Inn. After negotiating with my wife, I got her to agree to paying the Hyatt's normal rates ($450/night) for Fri and Sat nights. She's going with me, and liked the idea of being at the Hyatt where celebs sometimes hang out, and where the CGC dinner will be. Just sucks we're not walking distance to the con Wed and Thu nights, and then have to change hotels on Friday.

Well, Thursday I decided to check the Comicon reservation site one more time for fun, and lo and behold Wed and Thu were available at the Hyatt for $265/night. I got it, and canceled the Quality Inn. I still have to pay $450 for Fri and Sat, but am so excited I got the Hyatt for all 4 nights now!

Wow, someone must have cancelled and you lucked out at the Hyatt 1 block from the Comic-con site! You were smart to keep on trying the SDCC website, as most ppl lost hope after early Feb/09 when all the downtown hotels got booked up in the 1st hour essentially. :applause:

I would pay $$$ for this set from SDCC... I'd put them up on the shelf with my Blackest Night FCBD issue I'm getting SS graded by Geoff Johns :wishluck:

SDCC 09: Blackest Night Invades Comic-Con Various

SDCC 09: Blackest Night Invades Comic-Con Varioushttp://comics.ign.com/dor/articles/994259/sdcc-09-blackest-night-invades-comic-con/images/sdcc-09-blackest-night-invades-comic-con-20090612105505073.html'>

All right... who wants my money? Who can I bribe into picking me up a set of these?

All right... who wants my money? Who can I bribe into picking me up a set of these?

I probably speak for most when I say that if I take the time to pick one up each day, I would like full eBay price for them. :P The $300-$350 they're going for already sounds very tempting.

I can't wait for the event. Have been going since 2002. Wife loves it now. Taking my daughter for the 1st time, she is 1 year old & she will be a regular vistor there now. Hotels are crazy w/ prices and I do not look forward to the long line to get in. But worth it when you get inside.

I hope some dealers bring books I am longing to buy: Avengers 9.2 CGC and a Showcase #43 9.2 CGC or higher is on my buying radar once again.