• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to discuss San Diego Comicon 2009?

165 posts in this topic

I might have some space to share if someone wants to crash out. I'm getting a room at the Hyatt from my cousin (they can't go to the show and are giving me the room for free :banana: ).

I'll know how many beds are going to be in the room and verify if indeed it is the Hyatt this weekend.

Brian (now I just need to find my ticket that I printed out or email confirmation doh! )

(stinky people or hygiene challenged people need not to pm me :insane: )

So excited! We talked a 4th guy into flying in from Vegas and going on Saturday. Since there's 4 people, we agreed to get the Hyatt for Fri and Sat nights for $449, and split it 4 ways. So I will be lobbying for the forum dinner to be there again! Comicon just got alot better!

I think I have a 3 person room at the Hard Rock hotel for the convention. I got to see how far that is from the Con.

Anyone else staying at the Hard Rock?

Hard Rock is really close. Less than a block away.

I booked my room 9 months ago to avoid getting shut out (like last year). I still got a good rate since I pre-paid in advance and am only 5 blocks away.

Anyone who got a hotel via the show organizers lucked out since the rooms are discounted from their normal rates.

OT - Is the in and out burger chain within walking distance or will I have to catch a cab or pedi-cab? I'm usually pigging out on fish tacos when in town but have heard great things about their burgers. If it's too far out of the way, I'll stick with my fish tacos.

I can't wait.

:banana:

Cheers!

N

In and Out is overrated :sick:

Stick with the Fish Tacos or L&L Barbecue

:signfunny:

(thumbs u I agree. I know burgers, and I don't see what's so special about In N Out. I'm all for trying it out, if you're not from the West, but I definitely think everyone just buys into the hype. It tastes like a burger. Big whoop.

'

There's a new Fuddruckers in the Gaslamp. Good burgers, and you choose the size, 1/4 pound, 1/2 pound, or 1 full pound!

(thumbs u I agree. I know burgers, and I don't see what's so special about In N Out. I'm all for trying it out, if you're not from the West, but I definitely think everyone just buys into the hype. It tastes like a burger. Big whoop.

'

There's a new Fuddruckers in the Gaslamp. Good burgers, and you choose the size, 1/4 pound, 1/2 pound, or 1 full pound!

Our local Fuddruckers closed years ago. Great burgers and fries.

'

Yes, now there's a burger place I rave about! TONS better than In N Out, IMO.

How's the nightlife in SD?

It's awesome, especially SDCC weekend. Tons of people everywhere. You can even see celebs out and about.

Killer! I will hit up some clubs with you if you like (thumbs u

You better get him home sober, dork!

He's one of my room mates (tsk)

I found it to be a bit dead the last time I was there (June 2008) for BIO - most of the bars were closed just around 1:00 pm! :o Three of us went wandering the first night we were in (around midnight) in the Gaslamp District. The first bar we found open was full of young men with short haircuts that appeared to be sitting in two main groups. We walked in and after being addressed as "sir" by a couple of them, and noting the tension in the bar, we decided to leave. Needless to say a couple of hours later we had to pass that bar on the way back to the hotel and there was a good brawl going. lol

The bar was settled on was more interesting. Let's just say extremely drunk, good looking girls should not wear loose hip huggers without panties when they are dancing. lol

All this talk about food is making me hungry... :) The Hard Rock Hotel is basically across the street from the convention center, maybe a total of 1 block away, so it's a great location. I keep hearing about Fuddrucker's, I'll have to try it soon. As for nightlife, yeah, the main downtown street (5th Street) goes right to the convention center, so once you leave the show during the day, you've got your choice of dozens of restaurants and clubs in the downtown area known as the Gaslamp Quarter. There's several publisher-sponsored parties each night, and with so many fans, a lot of them do hang out in every place.

Between the Gaslamp Quarter, and the 2 bars at the Hyatt (which close at 2 am I believe) you should find enough to do each night of the show. Sadly, after a full day of that show, I'm lucky if I have enough energy to grab dinner with some friends, go to 1 or 2 early evening parties (before midnight) and crash. :)

Forum dinner at the Hyatt may be a good idea. I've heard the restaurant at the Hyatt isn't that crowded, and it's close to the convention center, with some people staying at the Hyatt I'm sure.

Joel