• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to discuss San Diego Comicon 2009?

165 posts in this topic

Thanks for the update Big Mike.

Another sell out for the 4 day passes. :o

Even in a bad economy, people still want to be entertained.

I happened to check the website yesterday and 4 day passes were still available (status showed 96% sold out). I guess with hotel "lottery" fast approaching, people were focused in and bought their passes immediately. Can you imagine being the next online buyer when the screen flashes sold out? Aaaarrrrgggghhh. :frustrated:

Thursday - 3% sold

Friday - 5% sold

Saturday - 18% sold

Sunday - 3% sold

You miss preview night but you can still buy single day tickets. It will be a bit more expensive but at least you aren't completely shut out of the show.

Cheers!

N

My brother called me in a panic yesterday afternoon, "The 4 day passes are 96% sold out. Get your pass now! Hurry! " We did manage to get our passes but we were probably some of the last to get them.

Looking forward to the festivities this year. Hope to meet even more forumites. Now have to figure out a place to stay...

My brother called me in a panic yesterday afternoon, "The 4 day passes are 96% sold out. Get your pass now! Hurry! " We did manage to get our passes but we were probably some of the last to get them.

Looking forward to the festivities this year. Hope to meet even more forumites. Now have to figure out a place to stay...

It was 70% wednesday and when I check yesterday morning at work the indicator bar is red and has only 96% left, I quickly get my checkcard and bought two 4 day passes.

bLauren,

If this is your 1st trip to SDCC, you will need at least 3 full days at Comic-con. Budget 1 full day for Balboa Park, the zoo, and their 18 museums. Budget 1 day for the SD aquarium, if you have a rental car and plan to drive north a bit.

The Sat. at SDCC is when there will be 6k ppl in line ups for the tv/movie panels to get close to the star actors (e.g. Smallville cast, hot tv series being released for Sept/09, start of viral marketing for upcoming action films, etc.) Think Sat and Sun. are also the SDCC "charity" original art auction in the afternoons. Sat. evening for mega-costume contest (not just cosplay). :blahblah:

The Sat. at SDCC is when there will be 6k ppl in line ups for the tv/movie panels to get close to the star actors (e.g. Smallville cast, hot tv series being released for Sept/09, start of viral marketing for upcoming action films, etc.)

This used to be the case, but now there are too many great movie/tv panels, and they're spread out over all four days. There's literally great stuff every day.

Sigh..i was waiting for hotels and missed the passes. Anyone got 2 dealer passes or 4 day passes for sale? thanks in advance, Matt

Good luck Matt! Hope to meet you down there this year.

Brian

Don't be so pessimistic! I'm planning to get one within walking distance.

25 min later in the waiting area....maybe I won't get a close one. :(

time keeps on ticking , ticking into the future ........ good luck :wishluck: