• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't read all that much DC but come on... *SPOILER ALERT*

20 posts in this topic

So it seems Batman is dead... And no one is talking about it... But a gimmick cover of ASM is all the rage. There has got to be something wrong with this scenario. Or maybe I'm the :screwy: one

Wel, that was... what... the Earth-5 Batman or something?

So it seems Batman is dead... And no one is talking about it... But a gimmick cover of ASM is all the rage. There has got to be something wrong with this scenario. Or maybe I'm the :screwy: one

Wel, that was... what... the Earth-5 Batman or something?

They would have fired up Adventure comics and had a funeral cover if that were the case :insane:

Hows it goin bradley :hi:

No disrespect but super heroes have died before and came back. they have brought back Bucky and Flash. Most of the people have caught on with that gimmick.

All I'm saying is kudos to Marvel, as far as business goes it was a brilliant strategy to counter what could have been a major coup for DC. Cheap shot or not, the hype speaks for itself. Or it could have been a coincidence that both books came out the same week...

Did Some reading and its not a Matter of if but rather when Bats comes back.

Darskeid’s eyes glow and he asks Batman if he can outrace the Omega Sanction. The death that is life.

It doesn't kill the victim, is the important point.

It traps them in a series of alternate lives, each worse than the one before. It has been escaped from before (by Shilo Norman), and Batman is Prepared for this kind of thing.

In Mister Miracle #4, Shiloh is able to free his mind enough to realize that Omega is a living force somehow tied to his existance since he was hit with The Omega Sanction, and therefore it suffers as he suffers. He somehow reasons with it that if he can escape, Omega can escape as well, as Omega is controlled by Darkseid... and thus turns the Omega power against its master, and is able to escape.

Darskeid’s eyes glow and he asks Batman if he can outrace the Omega Sanction. The death that is life.

It traps them in a series of alternate lives, each worse than the one before. It has been escaped from before (by Shilo Norman), and Batman is Prepared for this kind of thing.

In Mister Miracle #4, Shiloh is able to free his mind enough to realize that Omega is a living force somehow tied to his existance since he was hit with The Omega Sanction, and therefore it suffers as he suffers. He somehow reasons with it that if he can escape, Omega can escape as well, as Omega is controlled by Darkseid... and thus turns the Omega power against its master, and is able to escape.

I must read this. This is from the seven soldiers Mr.Miracle right?

I must read this. This is from the seven soldiers Mr.Miracle right?

From what I found Online You are correct.

Except, as long as they are trapped living those alternate lives, their physical body is clearly dead.

I agree that you found the intended loophole. Shilo Norman is good, but clearly Batman is the best, so he would eventually overcome the trap. Omega's rebellion was short-lived as Darkseid is still using Omega's power in FC, which takes place after 7 Soldiers. But now with Darkseid dead as well, killed by Batman, who is Omega's master now, and without Darkseid in charge, do his powers work the same way? hm

Guess we'll have a better idea on the 28th, when FC7 is due to ship. Three weeks of Mahnke art goodness! (FC6 last week, Superman Beyond 2 this week, FC7 next week).

Honestly, RIP took the steam from the book. Not to mention that Final Crisis is awful. I mean, we have people thinking he's dead from the plane issue in RIP. To me, that means people dropped it after RIP with no interest afterwards.

Just bad marketing and timing.

The Obama Spider-man thing was ridiculous and brilliant at the same time. I could careless (though I'm a book short in my ASM colllection now) about the book. But it was fantastic timing and clearly well marketed.

Pat

Bang on with the impact on Batman, Pat. Good work DC in killing momentum for most of your books with this Final Crisis BS, and to top it off you temporarily off Batman. Hopefully the plunge in sales will make learn them. :wishluck:

Honestly, RIP took the steam from the book. Not to mention that Final Crisis is awful. I mean, we have people thinking he's dead from the plane issue in RIP. To me, that means people dropped it after RIP with no interest afterwards.

Pat

I agree it was bad planning by DC but in the reverse.

It was known ahead of time that the Batman in FC was Bruce Wayne and that FC took place after RIP and before Cowl, so for the RIP readers there was really no mystery. Aside from the obvious that nobody at WB would have the sac to kill Bruce Wayne long term, the readers if they had even only passing knowledge of FC would know that Bats was not dead at the end of RIP.