• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

Still strange to me, though. Many people want a mid-grade book because they can't afford a higher grade book. If you can afford the cost of a higher grade copy, why go for a mid grade book? $1400 should land you in the 8.5-9.0 range without much problem.

When I sell books in an auction setting, sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't. Congrats to the buyer for getting a cool book and kudos to the seller for getting such a strong price.

There's a TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 1st print in the Heritage Auction. :cloud9:

Last recorded GPA was $22,752 in August 2011 and only 6 in existence. Any guesses on final sale price?

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7066&lotNo=91397

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 First Printing (Mirage Studios, 1984) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages. A stunning first printing copy of an increasingly hot book featuring the origins and first appearances of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Splinter, and Shredder. This issue had an initial print run of just 3,000 copies, making high-grade copies scarce in general; this particular copy bears the highest grade assigned to this issue by CGC to date. The wraparound cover is by Kevin Eastman, and the story and interior art are by Eastman and Peter Laird. Overstreet doesn't list values for this edition, but noted the sale of a CGC certified 9.6 copy for $11,500 in 2009. CGC census 9/12: 6 in 9.8, none higher.Overstreet 2012 NM- 9.2 value = $0. CGC census 10/12: 6 in 9.8, none higher.

I just picked up the mid-grade copy that was posted in the sales forum. I figured I should strike before prices on first prints go even more bananas.

what are you predicting for the Heritage auction?

congrats on the pickup... :golfclap:

I just picked up the mid-grade copy that was posted in the sales forum. I figured I should strike before prices on first prints go even more bananas.

hm I'm predicting $12,679

hm I'm predicting $12,679

I call $12,601

:acclaim:

Edited by whetteon

I hate the whole idea of that buyer's premium. It should be hidden, included in the price, and nothing to do with the buyer. This is why I will buy from Comiclink but not HA.

I'm not keen on the premium either...not sure I've ever understood the need for it to be so much. I do agree that it should be hidden (although the voyeur in me finds it kind of interesting to see the markup a buyer has to pay :/ )

Gulp...

11 g-balls and change.

Either somebody else wanted the book as bad as me, I was shilled or one helleva thrill bid was thrown out.

No matter what I love my copy.

(Just a kinda tough pill to swallow if 9.8s are going for $1,500 more than I paid for my 9.6)

Gulp...

11 g-balls and change.

Either somebody else wanted the book as bad as me, I was shilled or one helleva thrill bid was thrown out.

No matter what I love my copy.

(Just a kinda tough pill to swallow if 9.8s are going for $1,500 more than I paid for my 9.6)

Okay, I'm changing my guess to $17,397.