• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

Gulp...

11 g-balls and change.

Either somebody else wanted the book as bad as me, I was shilled or one helleva thrill bid was thrown out.

No matter what I love my copy.

(Just a kinda tough pill to swallow if 9.8s are going for $1,500 more than I paid for my 9.6)

Hopefully I didn't pay too much for my 9.8! either way sounds like you are happy with your copy, I'm sure a 9.8 was not for sale when you were in the market for that 9.6. I'm hoping this 9.8 will go for more than I paid for mine but will be happy either way as I am stoked to have one at all...

I had said $14k to $16k but I see you lot are being very exact so I will clarify mine as $15k on the nose!

The auction is at $6500 now with BP.... btw what does GPA record? the overall price (including bp) or just the auction price? If it doesn't capture the bp is this not an inaccurate price point as the buyer paid $X more so it should be included...? just wondering...

IIRC the last 9.8 on Comiclink sold for $12k and the one before that at $14k so I think prices are being impacted by more and more 9.8's hitting the census.

The Heritage copy also probably won't be helped by the fact there's another 9.8 in the November Comiclink auction as well.

Gulp...

11 g-balls and change.

Either somebody else wanted the book as bad as me, I was shilled or one helleva thrill bid was thrown out.

(Just a kinda tough pill to swallow if 9.8s are going for $1,500 more than I paid for my 9.6)

Hopefully I didn't pay too much for my 9.8! either way sounds like you are happy with your copy, I'm sure a 9.8 was not for sale when you were in the market for that 9.6.

When I purchased mine, Jeff still was the sole owner of a 9.8.

Where are all of these 9.8s coming from nowadays??

Does anyone have any feel on how tightly CGC generally grades TMNT 1s? I'm wondering if the cheaper stock allows for a little bit looser grading.

I think they're alittle soft. I thought my copy was a 9.2 to 9.4 book and it came back a 9.8.

Copies for Less :insane:

Gulp...

11 g-balls and change.

Hopefully I didn't pay too much for my 9.8! either way sounds like you are happy with your copy, I'm sure a 9.8 was not for sale when you were in the market for that 9.6.

Gulp...

11 g-balls and change.

Odds are they're books that have been cracked, pressed and re-submitted.

Seems to be the case across the Board nowadays with books.

Nah, my last couple of submissions have been spot on.

CGC has always been soft on oversized "printed on crappy paper" books like Cerebus #1, TMNT #1 and Primer #2.

I have been laid up with an ACL revision, more Miniscus repair and removal and some arthritis scraping. (4 knee surgeries now on this knee in 14 years)

Anyways being laid up since Friday, I thought this would be a fun book to watch. Like you stated, it hasn't been what I hoped it would be - some entertainment.

Perhaps we need too spur it on a little.....

I have been laid up with an ACL revision, more Miniscus repair and removal and some arthritis scraping. (4 knee surgeries now on this knee in 14 years)

Anyways being laid up since Friday, I thought this would be a fun book to watch. Like you stated, it hasn't been what I hoped it would be - some entertainment.

Perhaps we need too spur it on a little.....

Sorry to hear about your knee...I hope this surgery solves the issue...

The auction is certainly getting exciting now! 1 hour and a bit to go!!

IIRC the last 9.8 on Comiclink sold for $12k and the one before that at $14k so I think prices are being impacted by more and more 9.8's hitting the census.

The Heritage copy also probably won't be helped by the fact there's another 9.8 in the November Comiclink auction as well.

I looked on comiclink to see the $12k sale but it wasn't available, is there somewhere this sale was recorded? I know Comiclink doesn't release sales to GPA but they should have a way for buyers/sellers to check past sales...at least IMO... (shrug)

perhaps more 9.8's means more buyers willing to spend more as it means it is possible to own one...