• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

Here's my ticket to the club. :acclaim:

I got this graded before CGC became a little looser in giving out 9.8's but I'd say it has a great shot on re-sub.

Hard to see any flaws on this and it doesn't have a single spine stress.

It's also pretty unusual to find a copy that was signed by Eastman and Laird and is still above 9.4. They were a little less careful handling books back in the '80's than we are today. :ohnoez:

TMNT1CGC9627.jpg

Great copy!!

I think I have it's twin....but you have the purdier of the two. (thumbs u

This is my favorite thread in the history of message boards. (thumbs u

:cloud9:

:applause:

Hey, is it just me (who hasn't been paying much attention until recently) or is the 2nd print starting to trend significantly upwards?

The last few raw sales on ebay have averaged about $250 and none of them have been advertised as Near Mint.

And then there are, of course, the $1000 - $10,000 BIN (OBO) listings....

I don't know if it just 'starting to trend' as it has always been that the 2nd print is just as in demand as the 1st in the sense that it also had a limited print run and it is hard to find in high grades. So auctions on eBay have always been a little bit higher. Definitely a $200+ range book. (thumbs u

2nd prints are awesome! I think some people are settling for a 2nd print because they are so similar to the 1st print. Plus, CGC still puts 1st appearance of..... on the label. Even though they are going up in price, they are still far cheaper than 1st prints.

Does anyone know anything about this Artist's Proof copy of TMNT #1?

From the collection of Kevin Eastman and put up to auction by Kevin Eastman. TMNT #1 First Print Artist's Proof. Payment Plan Available. There was only 1 Artist's Proof of #1 printed before the initial first run of 3000 began and this is it. This copy is the first time the Turtles were brought into the world. Includes all pages of the comic

The printer printed this proof for the artist to make sure everything was up to the artist's approval. It has all the interior pages without a cover, and this piece of history can be yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-Artist-Proof-Rarest-Copy-Of-1-In-The-World-/180987850603?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a23b76f6b

From the collection of Kevin Eastman and put up to auction by Kevin Eastman. TMNT #1 First Print Artist's Proof. Payment Plan Available. There was only 1 Artist's Proof of #1 printed before the initial first run of 3000 began and this is it. This copy is the first time the Turtles were brought into the world. Includes all pages of the comic

The printer printed this proof for the artist to make sure everything was up to the artist's approval. It has all the interior pages without a cover, and this piece of history can be yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-Artist-Proof-Rarest-Copy-Of-1-In-The-World-/180987850603?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a23b76f6b

I know just about everything about that book. Heck, I printed the certificate it comes with when I was working for Kevin :-P

What do you want to know about it?

The last time it sold, it was for $3,883.75 and came with a copy of TMNT #1 First Print. Just sayin'.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

I know just about everything about that book. Heck, I printed the certificate it comes with when I was working for Kevin :-P

The last time it sold, it was for $3,883.75 and came with a copy of TMNT #1 First Print. Just sayin'.

I was just wondering if there is really a market for these early copies since I had never heard/seen of them before. Seems like quite a premium for something that doesn't even have the cover. Thanks for the info.

The same seller sold the TMNT 1 first print already. It was up for a few hours with a $1200 price, then $1500, and then it was ended without a purchase. I sent the seller a message asking if it was still available, but the seller said no.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-First-Print-FN-6-0-Signed-Sketched-Kevin-Eastman-/180959546722?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a22078d62&nma=true&si=mFb3Da9RqdB5UsdGwO57bkSr95s%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

To me this is a coverless #1 and is worth about $100 tops...

I lost that bid at $1400 originally (with the intent on reselling the copy of #1) so I'd probably pull the trigger at $500 for just that book. But it depends entirely on the kind of collector you are. I value historical items relevant to the brand because I like to collect them. For instance, I paid a few hundred bucks one time for counterfeit gobbledygooks, because of their historical place int he franchise. Not everyone would care to pay anything for counterfeits of photocopied comix :-P