• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

A 5.0 would likely go for around $1,200 to $1,500 right now.

Im going to take a wild guess at it and say 800-900. The last quote on GPA was 586 & thats 2 years old

To help you gauge it a little better the 12 month avg on a 5.5 is $1213

Alright, these numbers are right in the range. I got mine signed by Eastman as well, so that may drive up the value a bit. Although mine is a 5.0, it presents much, much better. Stupid water damage. :cry: Not that I'd be looking to sell it but was just curious if I paid the "correct" amount.

Still strange to me, though. Many people want a mid-grade book because they can't afford a higher grade book. If you can afford the cost of a higher grade copy, why go for a mid grade book? $1400 should land you in the 8.5-9.0 range without much problem.

When I sell books in an auction setting, sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't. Congrats to the buyer for getting a cool book and kudos to the seller for getting such a strong price.

A 5.5 sold for $1400? So I guess this guesstimate above (link to post) from less than 2 months ago is way off? There go my hopes of getting an 8.0+ copy :(

Edited by abjr

A 5.5 sold for $1400? So I guess this guesstimate above (link to post) from less than 2 months ago is way off? There go my hopes of getting an 8.0+ copy :(

I think those days are over...at least while the TMNT are making a resurgence. I think the only exception right now are raw copies. Those seem to be holding fairly steady. That may be just due to the risk of not knowing authenticity and true condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-1-3rd-Printing-VG-F-Mirage-Studios-/251195394558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a7c6989fe&nma=true&si=XKoxXGKSJq6QUOxsLv5JFAymAtg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

hm

It's amazing to see the 3rd printing starting to bring some money. I picked one up for like 8 bucks at the start of the year.

I'm wondering whether it's time to sell (I have a 2nd) or maybe wait for a bit longer??

I think those days are over...at least while the TMNT are making a resurgence. I think the only exception right now are raw copies. Those seem to be holding fairly steady. That may be just due to the risk of not knowing authenticity and true condition.

So where do you put an 8.0 or an 8.5 1st print at in terms of FMV right now?

I thought an 8.0 @ $1500 was asking too much maybe 6 or so months ago... This book has really charged ahead recently, especially in the mid grades.

Was that you who posted your book and kept getting PMs saying you were asking too much?

I thought an 8.0 @ $1500 was asking too much maybe 6 or so months ago... This book has really charged ahead recently, especially in the mid grades.

Was that you who posted your book and kept getting PMs saying you were asking too much?

Haha nope, but I hope whoever that was held out!

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 3rd. There's 5 times as many copies than the 2nd but if the 2nd starts to get out of reach - which it probably will for a lot fans - the 3rd might start becoming a little more desirable.

The comic book market is fascinating :headbang:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 3rd. There's 5 times as many copies than the 2nd but if the 2nd starts to get out of reach - which it probably will for a lot fans - the 3rd might start becoming a little more desirable.

The comic book market is fascinating :headbang:

All this has been happening the last few months. HG 2nd and 3rd prints are going for 3- 5x what they did a year ago, even 6 months ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-1-3rd-Printing-VG-F-Mirage-Studios-/251195394558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a7c6989fe&nma=true&si=XKoxXGKSJq6QUOxsLv5JFAymAtg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

hm

It's amazing to see the 3rd printing starting to bring some money. I picked one up for like 8 bucks at the start of the year.

I'm wondering whether it's time to sell (I have a 2nd) or maybe wait for a bit longer??

:o

I was looking through some old boxes and found my 2nd print that I kept when I sold my firsts, so that was cool. Bummer was its only a fine or fine plus.

So I decided to sell my 3rd print - I consigned it with My Comic Shop.

Wasn't really sure how to price it but I didn't really want to risk the auction on this one. I put it up at $87.00 and it sold pretty much straight away.

I thought I would never see the 3rd printing sell for that kind of dough but demand really seems to be rising for every printing.