• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

Picked up a 2nd printing today. Only a Fine copy but I got it at a very fair price. I'm working my way up - just need one more to complete the set.... ;)

Scan-120605-0003.jpg

I love the 2nd prints :cloud9:

Ok, maybe you all can help me. I was moving and found some old TMNT comics I forgot I had. They look like Volume 1 numbers 2,3 and 4. Also Volume 2#? Micro- series called Raphael. How do I know what print they are? Most of them I have never opened the sleeves and got from a family friend that owned a comic book store. I also have pictures but I dont know how to post them here. Hope you can view the pics.

06-13-12_0026.jpg?t=1339567036

Edited by Candip001

The Raph 1 shot and #4 only had one printing in that format. The 2nd printings are regular comic sized.

On the inside front cover of #2 there is a picture of Leo. First prints will just have the leo. Subsequent printings will have a speech bubble in the Leo picture that says what printing it is. If there is no bubble, than its a first print.

The only other printing of #3 in that format has one of the shades of blue missing, which your does not.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

saw this on ebay: TMNT 1 1st print raw

I am surprised at the current $600+ price given that is it has a torn page and still 6 days left in the auction.

I'm not. In fact I woudn't be surprised if it ends for about $1,000

It's a well presenting mid-grade copy. (thumbs u

Plus, the tear is on the inside, so it's not going to be a big factor to a person willing to buy a mid-grade copy. 2c

Here's my ticket to the club. :acclaim:

I got this graded before CGC became a little looser in giving out 9.8's but I'd say it has a great shot on re-sub.

Hard to see any flaws on this and it doesn't have a single spine stress.

It's also pretty unusual to find a copy that was signed by Eastman and Laird and is still above 9.4. They were a little less careful handling books back in the '80's than we are today. :ohnoez:

TMNT1CGC9627.jpg

I got this graded before CGC became a little looser in giving out 9.8's but I'd say it has a great shot on re-sub.

It's also pretty unusual to find a copy that was signed by Eastman and Laird and is still above 9.4. They were a little less careful handling books back in the '80's than we are today. :ohnoez:

TMNT1CGC9627.jpg

Welcome to the club!

Unfortunately there are no books allowed in the club meeting hall so if you would just hand over that copy to me you can go inside and help yourself to cake and punch. :kidaround:

TMNT1CGC9627.jpg

Welcome to the club!

Unfortunately there are no books allowed in the club meeting hall so if you would just hand over that copy to me you can go inside and help yourself to cake and punch. :kidaround:

Thanks, I'll leave it in the cloakroom.

It should be safe there. :insane:

Are TMNT #1's under-valued or are people insane for paying high $$ for Walking Dead #1's? I mean, WD#1 CGC 9.8 goes for 1500 - 1600 at the moment, but there are 289+ documented at that grade out of a print run of ??. For that price you could find a TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 with fewer than 200 at any higher grade from a print run of 3000...

I'm sure someone will chime in with a well-reasoned, longer answer, but the short answer is this: apples and oranges.

These are 2 very different books with very different fanbases and the properties are at very different stages in their lives. There are too many variables in the mix to try and compare the prices of the 2.

I'm sure someone will chime in with a well-reasoned, longer answer, but the short answer is this: apples and oranges.

These are 2 very different books with very different fanbases and the properties are at very different stages in their lives. There are too many variables in the mix to try and compare the prices of the 2.

Sometimes the short answer is all that's necessary :thumbsup: