• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

72gk0x.jpg

Another person to add! Awesome!! (thumbs u

Very nice book!

Welcome to the club!

Here is the updated list:

TMNT #1 Club

TMNTHeritageAuction.jpg

Blue Label: 65 copies

Yellow Label: 8 copies

Purple Label: 1 copy

Raw: 11 copies

Total: 85 copies :applause:

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) icculus308win (page 102) Signed by Eastman and Laird on 1st page

9.8 (W) passion4comics (page 89)

9.8 (W) telerites (No pic)

9.8 (OWW) pubmonkey (page 42)

9.6 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 97) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.6 (W) Max Carnage (page 70)

9.6 (W) valiantman (page 96)

9.6 (W) Jaydogrules (page 127)

9.4 (W) Cyberjad (page 13) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.4 (W) Snikt!1988 (page 112)

9.4 (OW) Detroit Mike (page 2)

9.4 (OWW) mrmitchgro (page 69)

9.4 Rabidwolf (No pic)

9.2 (W) TMNT (page 1) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.2 (W) tornay (page 44)

9.2 (OWW) Jeffreykli (page 1)

9.2 (W) accessndx (page 62)

9.2 (W) mikeggg (page 72)

9.2 (W) 4turtles2007 (page 80)

9.2 (W) dane323 (page 86) "Don/Maggie Thompson Collection"

9.2 (W) BizarroChuck (page 116)

9.2 (OWW) Sonukumar21 (page 91)

9.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

9.0 (W) proventheory (page 26)

9.0 (W) JesterSB (page 45)

9.0 (W) Hulk44 (page 117)

9.0 (OWW) hulk181man (page 27)

9.0 (OWW) jaybuck43 (page 121)

9.0 Peter Palmer (page 9)

8.5 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 98) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.5 (W) mrmitchgro (page 63, previous owner mikeggg)

8.5 (OWW) whetteon (page 29)

8.5 (OWW) spracknetch23 (page 65)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

8.0 (W) TheAmazing R.J.S. (page 33) Signed by Eastman and salutation on inside front cover

8.0 (W) rwhorn (page 105) Signed and sketch by Eastman on interior

8.0 (W) Jacey (page 106)

8.0 (W) callaway29 (page 137)

8.0 (OWW) sgcomiccollector (page 82) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 ChadH (No pic)

7.5 joker-fish (page 25) Signed by Eastman with a sketch on inside front cover

7.5 (W) CBass (page 138) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.5 (W) maloney414 (page 31) Signed & Sketch by Eastman on back of slab

7.5 (W) DevilsRain (page 4)

7.5 (W) slackjawcomics (page 76)

7.5 (W) Comedian (page 83)

7.5 (W) Parabellum (page 89)

7.5 (W) jedisam2013 (page 136)

7.5 (OWW) metallickyrulz (page 82)

7.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

7.0 (W) Harley Troy (page 104) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.0 (W) lookwhoitis (page 55)

7/0 (OWW) johnnymu (page 139) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior

7.0 (OWW) jjfversion1 (page 80)

7.0 (OWW) jsilverjanet (page 116)

7.0 (CR/OW) Rmfn33 (page 85)

7.0 Ogami (No pic) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

6.5 (OWW) atrocitus (page 138)

6.0 (W) thebends1996 (page 25)

6.0 Robbussum (page 27)

6.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

5.0 (OWW) Sauce Dog (page 111)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.2 (W) PeasOfCrap (page 77) Signed & Sketched by Eastman(4 turtles) and Laird(Splinter & Shredder)

9.2 (W) toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

9.0 (W) TrevorP24 (page 114) Signed & Sketched by Eastman. Plus, "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" written on interior cover.

8.0 (W) jaja-mon12 (page 98) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

7.0 (W) Archon Turtle (Page 7) Signed and sketched by Eastman

6.0 (W) Mac Man (page 8) SS Eastman only; however, signed & sketch by Laird as well

5.5 toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

5.0 ryanatlas (page 61) SS Signed by Eastman. Signed on slab by Peter Laird, Steve Lavigne & Eric Talbot (page 73)

CGC RESTORED

9.0 (W) Schmakt (No pic) Slight (A) color touch

RAW:

RockMyAmadeus (page 1)

Chainnball (page 14)

woregul (page 30) Signed w/ head sketch by Eastman + Signed w/ 4 head sketches by Laird

Mr. Comicbook (No pic)

Iggy (No pic)

Angela Rose (No pic)

TFL (No pic)

Zombikaze (No pic)

Kaylab (page 63)

4turtles2007 (page 70)

TheMasterTurtle (page 92)

Just a thought... have Eastman or Laird use a black marker, fill in the color scrape with some type of sketch... sign it... CGC 9.4 SS. lol

Is that possible?! I'm seeing Eastman at a con here in Vegas next month!! Gonna talk that over with my rep

I don't know... but we know that ink added by a creator which is witnessed is not considered "restoration"... it's part of the signature and sketch.

I don't know what CGC would say about ink that was "purposefully" added by a creator to cover a flaw, if it's also part of the signature/sketch.

They might still downgrade the book for the lack of original ink in that location, since it's just a sharpie replacing the original cover ink, but the overall aesthetic of the book would be enhanced if it was not distracting.

(That is... presuming Eastman doesn't draw a Stan Lee cockroach on there.) lol

So, it was once a CGC 9.4 slight restoration, now it's a CGC 7.5 universal.

You might not get a full CGC 9.4 SS, but you could probably live with a CGC 8.5 SS (or better), right? hm

There are people who don't like signature series on key books, but in this case you have a distracting lower left corner.

Yes, anyone can cover that with ink and make it more presentable (CGC 9.4 slight restoration),

but I would assume that most people would be more forgiving if the one who covered it with ink

was the one who created the book.

Just a thought... have Eastman or Laird use a black marker, fill in the color scrape with some type of sketch... sign it... CGC 9.4 SS. lol

Is that possible?! I'm seeing Eastman at a con here in Vegas next month!! Gonna talk that over with my rep

I don't know... but we know that ink added by a creator which is witnessed is not considered "restoration"... it's part of the signature and sketch.

I don't know what CGC would say about ink that was "purposefully" added by a creator to cover a flaw, if it's also part of the signature/sketch.

They might still downgrade the book for the lack of original ink in that location, since it's just a sharpie replacing the original cover ink, but the overall aesthetic of the book would be enhanced if it was not distracting.

You might not get a full CGC 9.4 SS, but you could probably live with a CGC 8.5 SS (or better), right? hm

There are people who don't like signature series on key books, but in this case you have a distracting lower left corner.

Yes, anyone can cover that with ink and make it more presentable (CGC 9.4 slight restoration),

but I would assume that most people would be more forgiving if the one who covered it with ink

Please don't give out crappy advice like this.

I can guarantee you that if a CGC witness sees this type of behavior, it'll be brought to Mike Balent's attention and the end result will most likely be CGC refusing to grade the book. It's no different than trying to sneak an unverified sig into a yellow label slab by having the artist sign directly on top of the old signature - it's a huge no-no within the SS program.

Please don't give out crappy advice like this.

I can guarantee you that if a CGC witness sees this type of behavior, it'll be brought to Mike Balent's attention and the end result will most likely be CGC refusing to grade the book. It's no different than trying to sneak an unverified sig into a yellow label slab by having the artist sign directly on top of the old signature - it's a huge no-no within the SS program.

Well CBass... there you have it. That scraped bottom left corner is untouchable... even by Eastman.

I'm happy either way! I'm such a huge fan of the Turtles...I don't even see the "flaw" on the corner. I see a completely flat, 4 sharp cornered, wrinkle free, no color breaking creased copy of my ultimate grail book!! I believe CGC will be at the con as well as DWC next month...so I'm gonna be up front and ask them both. Don't wanna risk any sneaky behavior on a book like this.

Thanks for all the info/input though guys! I'll post an update after I talk with them in a month.

Pedigree is reporting to GPA a blue label 9.6 (with Eastman and laird internal sigs) selling for $12,500. :o

-J.

Does remarked mean personalized?

Usually it means a drawing. With Eastman it usually is a turtle head. My second print is signed and remarked with a turtle head next to his signature.

Pedigree is reporting to GPA a blue label 9.6 (with Eastman and laird internal sigs) selling for $12,500. :o

-J.

Does remarked mean personalized?

Usually it means a drawing. With Eastman it usually is a turtle head. My second print is signed and remarked with a turtle head next to his signature.

Thanks man. Wonder why they just don't say sketch? hm

That price is monstrous. He's had that book sitting on the studios site for a while and it sold for more than original ask (I think it was around 3800, don't remember to be honest)

That price is monstrous. He's had that book sitting on the studios site for a while and it sold for more than original ask (I think it was around 3800, don't remember to be honest)

You are right, it was $3800. I came across it the day after I bought my 7.5. I figured the "cool factor" on that book...coming from him and getting a COA of sorts, even though it wasn't his copy....would fetch a little over FMV....but that $4250 is crazy!! Maybe/Hopefully the new owner is a member in here and will show us his new admission ticket to the group!!

I was just wondering where is the best place to look for a good copy of TMNT 1 first print. I've looked at the usual spots, like ebay, ha, boards, clink, etc... I would like a nice copy but would also like to pay under $3000 if even possible. I guess I want the best I can get for the cheapest I can pay like we all do. Thanks for any help.

The "danger" (if that's the right word) with the TMNT #1 market is that there are so few of them.

Even a small number of new buyers could significantly impact the prices, essentially causing an "overnight surge" where the available copies suddenly start selling for much higher prices. It would take an increase in supply for the prices to come back down... where would that supply come from?

Books like New Mutants #98 are strong keys, but there are 4,600+ copies in CGC 9.4 or higher. To impact even 1% of that population, you need to see 46 sales.

There are about 110 copies of TMNT #1 in CGC 9.4 or higher. 1% of the population is impacted with each single sale.

There are under 600 copies of TMNT #1 in any CGC grade (universal plus signature), so just a half-dozen sales for ANY grades represents 1% of the whole population.

I was just about to toss out the box I got my TMNT book in and found this at the bottom while cleaning the attic. Did Mirage ship these books from their printers or did they personally ship them to people? The folder is postmarked July 17, 1984. Was the TMNT 1 in this folder shipped from Mirage???? I thought these were only on the stands and if they weren’t does that mean there were more than 3,275 copies.

20150606_172955.jpg

20150606_172853.jpg