• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

I'd be interested in reader copies of 4-10... maybe others too :)

I believe I can help you out with "reader copies" of those issues.

I keep logs of how much I pay for each book I buy. I'm pretty sure I have extra copies of each of those I've gotten fairly cheap. Books I've deemed myself "reader copies". I'd pass them over @ my cost. Just pay freight!

I'll check sometime today. Get back to me if interested.

Ok so I know Danny and I announced the transition of his Turtlemania Gold book to me quite some time ago... The deal had been ongoing for the better part of a year. However; i am pleased to say that today it is official. I now have the book in hand.

102_4033.jpg

102_4032.jpg

102_4034.jpg

102_4035.jpg

why is Danny parting with most of his rare art pieces? He claims to have double of everything but a lot of the stuff from his collection pics has ended up on ebay. Does he have any other rare art that he is willing to part with?

I can't really speak for Danny on that topic, but I'm sure he will see this soon enough.

So what ever came about that second copy going around? Anyone know?

After it was pulled from the pedigree auction, it was sold to a private party (I do not know who) along with a graded silver for an undisclosed lump sum. Though I do know it was a cash/trade combination deal.

So what ever came about that second copy going around? Anyone know?

After it was pulled from the pedigree auction, it was sold to a private party (I do not know who) along with a graded silver for an undisclosed lump sum. Though I do know it was a cash/trade combination deal.

hm Interesting. Thanks for the info (thumbs u

I CAN tell you that the seller was asking $6000 minimum for the Gold privately before he decided to take it to pedigree. If he got that for it, or ended up getting more, I do not know.

This is a photo of that book prior to grading. I believe it graded out as a 9.4.

P6093081.jpg

Edited by Archon_Turtle

why is Danny parting with most of his rare art pieces? He claims to have double of everything but a lot of the stuff from his collection pics has ended up on ebay. Does he have any other rare art that he is willing to part with?

I don't know about this "alot of his stuff ends up on ebay" bit as I haven't sold anything on in a long time. And yes, in regards to my turtles toys that I have been selling, I do have doubles (and triples sometimes) of those. Obviously pieces such as this I do not have doubles of, but in the case of all of the Gobbledys I've sold, yes, I do.

My intersts recently have shifted almost completely into early TMNT artwork. So again you are wrong that I am selling my most rare art pieces as last I checked I do still have plenty of prime art, including 4 early covers, as can be seen in my sig below that I have not offered for sale. This deal for the Turtlemania was a rare occurence for me to part with early tmnt art. And if it wasn't for the fact that me and Steph are such good friends, I really don't know if I would have done it otherwise.

Through the years I've managed to be fortunate enough to land some incredible pieces. Is it wrong of me to sell some of these goodies to fellow collectors? Money aside, I really, really get alot of joy out of helping others land some of these incredibly difficult pieces, pieces that if it wasn't for me selling, they may never have been able to get at all.

My rantrant is over.

Steph, my man, I am so happy you are happy with the book! I think it's head and shoulders above that other gold out there. Good luck with the grading. Enjoy and see you in a couple days!

I don't know about this "alot of his stuff ends up on ebay" bit as I haven't sold anything on in a long time. And yes, in regards to my turtles toys that I have been selling, I do have doubles (and triples sometimes) of those. Obviously pieces such as this I do not have doubles of, but in the case of all of the Gobbledys I've sold, yes, I do.

My intersts recently have shifted almost completely into early TMNT artwork. So again you are wrong that I am selling my most rare art pieces as last I checked I do still have plenty of prime art, including 4 early covers, as can be seen in my sig below that I have not offered for sale. This deal for the Turtlemania was a rare occurence for me to part with early tmnt art. And if it wasn't for the fact that me and Steph are such good friends, I really don't know if I would have done it otherwise.

Through the years I've managed to be fortunate enough to land some incredible pieces. Is it wrong of me to sell some of these goodies to fellow collectors? Money aside, I really, really get alot of joy out of helping others land some of these incredibly difficult pieces, pieces that if it wasn't for me selling, they may never have been able to get at all.

My rantrant is over.

Steph, my man, I am so happy you are happy with the book! I think it's head and shoulders above that other gold out there. Good luck with the grading. Enjoy and see you in a couple days!

Danny you are a good man and a value to the community. Honestly, with all my heart I must say: Thank You.

-Jad

I CAN tell you that the seller was asking $6000 minimum for the Gold privately before he decided to take it to pedigree. If he got that for it, or ended up getting more, I do not know.

This is a photo of that book prior to grading. I believe it graded out as a 9.4.

P6093081.jpg

That's a pretty unique sketch (thumbs u