• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Today I bring you another installment in "Things so obscure that Archon is probably the only one that cares!" But, I think it's interesting, so I'm making you read about it.

So this last week, my amazing wife heather and I finally took our honeymoon. We spent the week in Orlando Florida, and did all the Touristy stuff (Disney World, Universal, etc).

The last night we were there, Heather and I had the opportunity to have dinner with our very own TMNT and his beautiful wife (Dinner was fantastic by the way).

But we aren't here to talk about my social experiences! After dinner, before parting ways, Danny presented me with a gift. A 1984 Bud Plant Catalog!

100_4741.jpg

"A What?!" You say?

Well...honestly, as of now, I can't really tell you a whole lot about it; other than it appears to be a comic and pop culture mail-order catalog from California. Danny couldn't tell me much more about it either. As I said, the catalog is dated 1984, so it was printed around the time of the publication of TMNT #1.

100_4743.jpg

The paper has some pretty cool stuff in it. Doctor Who books, Various Marvel Properties, and even Indiana Jones!

But why would Danny have given this to me? Weeeeelllll....

100_4744.jpg

In the middle of the catalog, there is a little advert for TMNT #1! As the catalog is dated 1984, this has to be one of the earliest advertisements for the book. The interesting thing is that it is a California publication, and much of the initial advertising for the original book didn't circulate very far from New Hampshire.

100_4748.jpg

So if you're like me, and enjoy little obscure things like this, I am glad to be able to share this with you. If not...then...you should probably stop reading my posts :-P

Thanks again to Danny for this awesome gift! Happy to have it in my collection!

So I've got a question.

Tales of the TMNT Volume 2 #64 has an advertisement for my TMNT blog (GoGreenMachine.Org) on the inside cover. It's special to me because not only is it my website, but it's the first and only time Mirage ever advertised in one of their books for something they didn't own or were directly affiliated with.

I'd like to get a copy graded, but would like them to denote the advertisement on the label. Could I get them to do that?

Today I bring you another installment in "Things so obscure that Archon is probably the only one that cares!" But, I think it's interesting, so I'm making you read about it.

So this last week, my amazing wife heather and I finally took our honeymoon. We spent the week in Orlando Florida, and did all the Touristy stuff (Disney World, Universal, etc).

The last night we were there, Heather and I had the opportunity to have dinner with our very own TMNT and his beautiful wife (Dinner was fantastic by the way).

But we aren't here to talk about my social experiences! After dinner, before parting ways, Danny presented me with a gift. A 1984 Bud Plant Catalog!

100_4741.jpg

"A What?!" You say?

Well...honestly, as of now, I can't really tell you a whole lot about it; other than it appears to be a comic and pop culture mail-order catalog from California. Danny couldn't tell me much more about it either. As I said, the catalog is dated 1984, so it was printed around the time of the publication of TMNT #1.

100_4743.jpg

The paper has some pretty cool stuff in it. Doctor Who books, Various Marvel Properties, and even Indiana Jones!

But why would Danny have given this to me? Weeeeelllll....

100_4744.jpg

In the middle of the catalog, there is a little advert for TMNT #1! As the catalog is dated 1984, this has to be one of the earliest advertisements for the book. The interesting thing is that it is a California publication, and much of the initial advertising for the original book didn't circulate very far from New Hampshire.

100_4748.jpg

So if you're like me, and enjoy little obscure things like this, I am glad to be able to share this with you. If not...then...you should probably stop reading my posts :-P

Thanks again to Danny for this awesome gift! Happy to have it in my collection!

Very nifty. Bud Plant was a groundbreaking distributor, indeed.

How much did you cough up for that one?

Not at much as you would think. I got super, super, amazingly lucky buying it raw :headbang:

:o

I don't wanna even know do I?.......I bought mine at the peak and it was slabbed. You are a patient and therefore smarter man. (worship)