• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

hey, that's pretty neat on both accounts. Do Peter or Kevin still own a Turtlemania Gold? Just wondering if any of the copies have their whereabouts known.

They actually still own all the copies. Don't tell Archon_Turtle, but his copy is a fake :o

hey, that's pretty neat on both accounts. Do Peter or Kevin still own a Turtlemania Gold? Just wondering if any of the copies have their whereabouts known.

I know Kevin doesn't have one, I'm not sure if Peter does or not. As there were only 10, I doubt they would have tied up two copies.

As far as i know, there are currently 3 located copies out of the original 10.

Plus, it's important to note that Mirage didn't publish Turtlemania, so they wouldn't have owned one unless the distributors gave them some copies to keep.

What is the misprint?

The entire cover is wrong. Thats is the art for Tales of the TMNT Volume 1 #1, with the header and overlay for TMNT Volume 1 #4 second printing over it. The Interior is TMNT #4.

Heres a blurb about it: http://www.recalledcomics.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Error.php

Edited by Archon_Turtle

What is the misprint?

The entire cover is wrong. Thats is the art for Tales of the TMNT Volume 1 #1, with the header and overlay for TMNT Volume 1 #4 second printing over it. The Interior is TMNT #4.

Heres a blurb about it: http://www.recalledcomics.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Error.php

I thought I remembered it being something about Tales Of The TMNT. I like that cover better than the real one :)

It's a reprint from 2005. It was a convention exclusive featuring a sketch variant to the art from Volume 1, Issue #50, which is basically Laird's take on Eastman's cover to #1.

There are cheaper ways to get a reprint of #1 if you're just wanting to read/own one, but it's a cool cover that I really like and it has some cool photos on the back cover. One has a picture of Eastman and Laird set up together for an early con appearance once the TMNT were introduced, the other is a picture of cases filled with 1st print TMNT #1's before they got distributed.

You can read the slab for a few more details:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01PBBZ.jpg

And here's the original cover:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles50.jpg

As a side note, I've picked up a few copies of this book from that exact seller about 2 years ago and all 3 were 9.8 contenders.

Finally got my Turtlemania Gold and White back from the CGC.

The Gold got a 9.4, which considering that there is only one other graded copy, and its a 9.2...mine is now the highest graded. Woo!

100_4854.jpg

100_4857.jpg

100_4855.jpg

Pretty pleased with the white as well. It's hard as hell to get a 9.8 with these books, as the staples stress the cover paper.

100_4860.jpg

100_4861.jpg

ANNNND the money shots:

100_4862.jpg

100_4863.jpg

Oh and in case you are wondering why a book as nice as that silver gets a 7.0; There is a one inch split in the spine of the cover.

Finally got my Turtlemania Gold and White back from the CGC.

The Gold got a 9.4, which considering that there is only one other graded copy, and its a 9.2...mine is now the highest graded. Woo!

Pretty pleased with the white as well. It's hard as hell to get a 9.8 with these books, as the staples stress the cover paper.

ANNNND the money shots:

Oh and in case you are wondering why a book as nice as that silver gets a 7.0; There is a one inch split in the spine of the cover.

AWESOME!!!

SPECTACULAR! Congratulations, Stephen!

If you got it back, I'd also like to see the label with the GoGreenMachine nod.

Edited by Peter Palmer

SPECTACULAR! Congratulations, Stephen!

If you got it back, I'd also like to see the label with the GoGreenMachine nod.

Here you go. They actually mislabeled it. It technically should say Tales of the TMNT rather than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. However; since the actual Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 2 didnt go anywhere near 64 issues, I haven't decided how much I care. I'd hate to have them relabel it and have something happen to my nod.

100_4859.jpg

Edited by Archon_Turtle

With any luck, I'll see Michael Dooney at Heroes. I'd be happy to have him sign it the next time I see him at a show. It'd be a yellow label and I'd be sure to indicate the correct title.

Of course, something like that wouldn't bother me. I've got a few typos on books myself that I've never bothered to correct.