• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

Um... I'm betting you need to keep that entire package! Not too often that I've seen them--though the real Turtle experts would know more (Archon, TMNT, Peter Palmer, etc).

Yeah they're fairly uncommon. When they come up, they usually sell for $75-$100 each.

Um... I'm betting you need to keep that entire package! Not too often that I've seen them--though the real Turtle experts would know more (Archon, TMNT, Peter Palmer, etc).

Yeah they're fairly uncommon. When they come up, they usually sell for $75-$100 each.

I thought so as I only *vaguely* recall seeing one like this before and it was a LONG time ago.

There is an even more rare version of the iron-ons on ebay right now. It's a design prototype of the second iron-on shown above.

Correction: Actually it is a different design. Still Leonardo but in the TMNT Adventures style.

Edited by woregul

Just arrived today. I'm happy to have this for a few reasons. First, this'll be my first "keeper" restored book, so it's cool to have one in the collection, at least as an example. Second, I don't see restored books that are 9.8 very often, so it's a bit of an oddity. Finally, it's a 9.8 of a book I didn't have. At least it'll make a great placeholder until I can get an unrestored copy.

I picked it up from DJB via ebay. He offered me free shipping once he knew I won it. Thanks again!

TMNT #1 6th print

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-6thPrintRestored.jpg

Glad you bought it knowing it was restored. Would of been a bummer buying it raw and thinking it was a 9.8 and then being dissapointed.

Is this one tough to find in 9.8 or have you just started looking for it?

Glad you bought it knowing it was restored. Would of been a bummer buying it raw and thinking it was a 9.8 and then being dissapointed.

Is this one tough to find in 9.8 or have you just started looking for it?

That was me. I bought this book raw after buying maybe 8? copies of this book. This one was going to be the 9.6-9.8 I was looking to add to my collection.

Book comes back and its RESTORED! AH! seriously!?

Grader's notes state there is a slight marker line at the tip top of the spine, across the width of the spine.

But it didn't matter. I was approved for a home loan the next day. From there I decided I was selling everything I've ever collected.

Thanks again Peter Palmer

As for how tough it is, it's magazine-sized and square-bound. The magazine-sized books tend to be somewhat difficult to find in grade just because bags and boards aren't as easy to come by...especially when the books were released. Being squarebound, it seems that sellers tended to treat this like a TPB rather than a comic book and a lot of the ones I've seen have had some shelf wear like rounded corners and such.

Here's a pickup from this weekend. TMNT #4 2nd print. I've found this one to be a tough book in high grade. This 9.6 is the lone highest grade on the census with the next closest being a 9.2. LOVE the cover! Even non-comic readers may know this cover as they used it for the box art to the original Nintendo game.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles04-2ndPrint96.jpg

I compared this to my SS copy signed by cover artist Michael Dooney only to find that neither label credits Dooney as the cover artist. If anyone ever submits another one of these, be sure to send in a note so the CGC system can update. (thumbs u Also, I'm not sure if the "2 different wraparound covers exist" is referring to the error variant or it's just a mistake. (shrug)

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles042ndPrint.jpg

nice get....getting closer. I have 3 copies of that #4 reprint with 2 of them being 9.6 and 9.8 I'm so sure. I just need to finally go 10 minutes down the road and drop them off for grading.

You totally should! Set up a registry set while you're at it. I'd love to see your collection. From one of your previous posts, you say you're pretty close to having everything in 9.8.

Here's another one. The grade bit on the lower side of things for what I usually collect, but I'm having a hard time finding anything higher in the wild. However, the price was right and I really dig the cover. Classic Eastman featuring all 4 Turtles, Casey, and April in disguise.

TMNT #14 9.4

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1494.jpg

Back Cover:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1494BC.jpg