• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,281 posts in this topic

I agree with everything that's been said so far. I wouldn't go so far as to call the seller a con man...maybe just an enthusiastic salesman. Stuff like that happens here all the time. However, like someone said, he is "trying to catch a lemming".

Zero markup is correct. If it were a book I wanted, I'd bid as if there were no label error and resubmit at the earliest convenient time (on CGC's dime since it was their mistake). Errors from the printer sometimes equal higher desirability, but not errors on the label.

Just got home from Dragon Con recently. It was my first time coming face to face with Kevin Eastman in over 3 years. All I can say is KEVIN EASTMAN IS THE MAN!

Just got home from Dragon Con recently. It was my first time coming face to face with Kevin Eastman in over 3 years. All I can say is KEVIN EASTMAN IS THE MAN!

OK Adam, show off the goods! Did you ask him about the TMNT movie?

When was the last time you saw Eastman? NYCC in our rookie witness in training years?

Edited by PeasOfCrap

OK Adam, show off the goods! Did you ask him about the TMNT movie?

When was the last time you saw Eastman? NYCC in our rookie witness in training years?

Not the TMNT movie, but he seems pretty pumped about the new animated series. A few weeks ago I watched a few YouTube clips from the new series and I've got to say, I'm now looking forward to it when I wasn't before.

And you're close...I met him at NYCC in '09 during those rookie witness days and I saw him a few months later during my first and only trip to SDCC. I haven't seen him since, so it's been over 3 years.

I got nearly 30 books signed, many for my volume 1 registry set. I won't have much to show off until my books get back. Some are fast tracked, but most were not. I guess they'll be Christmas presents to myself. lol

I started a small TMNT sketchbook at Heroes meant solely for artists who have worked professionally on the TMNT in some respect. Obviously, there are 2 pages up front reserved for Eastman & Laird. Here's page 1:

EastmanDonnie.jpg

I also will be finished the Eastman portion of a project I started back in 2009. I don't have a great picture of the new one, so I'll show it off when it comes back, but here are the other 3:

th_DarkAvengers1-TMNTBC.jpgth_DarkAvengers1-TMNT2BC.jpgth_DarkAvengers1-TMNT3BC.jpg

Finally, big thanks to AndyBobo for sending me a cool surprise item. It arrived the day before I left, so I decided to take it with me. Thanks, Andy!

April.jpg

I've got a few more items to scan. I'll post when I get a chance. :)

What makes that April exclusive? Is it just her costume color? I have one of the box sets of the turtles and it comes with all the stuff that the boarded figures came with. I almost bought the black and white version as well but someone flaked on an eBay sale and then the same guy outbid me on that set :frustrated:

What makes that April exclusive? Is it just her costume color? I have one of the box sets of the turtles and it comes with all the stuff that the boarded figures came with. I almost bought the black and white version as well but someone flaked on an eBay sale and then the same guy outbid me on that set :frustrated:

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think the only release of the NECA April was that exclusive. There were other colors planned that never saw the light of day.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think the only release of the NECA April was that exclusive. There were other colors planned that never saw the light of day.

Thanks for the info (thumbs u