• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,326 posts in this topic

Something I'm VERY pumped about. I finally got a good scan of it. Picked this up from Dragon Con last week. It's on an 11x17 and it recreates the first Ninja Turtle Kevin Eastman ever drew. As Kevin called it, it's in the "Dark Knight" style. I can't express how excited I was to pick this up!

TMNTEastmanFirstTurtle.jpg

Something I'm VERY pumped about. I finally got a good scan of it. Picked this up from Dragon Con last week. It's on an 11x17 and it recreates the first Ninja Turtle Kevin Eastman ever drew. As Kevin called it, it's in the "Dark Knight" style. I can't express how excited I was to pick this up!

(worship)

One day I'll get a super cool commission from Kevin or Peter... One day...

Dark Knight Turtle?! Love it!! (worship) You know, I was THIS close to making the trip up to ATL for the con, had I known you was going... :pullhair: Congrats man on a fine, fine pickup. I'm still waiting for the Issue #1 9.8 SS that I know you're gonna pull one day :baiting:

I've also made a few recent pickups and thrown them up on CAF. One is a page from Issue 3, the other art from their first convention back in 1984. I don't buy much art, but when I do, I perfer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends. :)

Dark Knight Turtle?! Love it!! (worship) You know, I was THIS close to making the trip up to ATL for the con, had I known you was going... :pullhair: Congrats man on a fine, fine pickup. I'm still waiting for the Issue #1 9.8 SS that I know you're gonna pull one day :baiting:

I've also made a few recent pickups and thrown them up on CAF. One is a page from Issue 3, the other art from their first convention back in 1984. I don't buy much art, but when I do, I perfer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends. :)

I'll definitely pull that #1 in 9.8 one day...I just don't think it'll be anytime soon.

I made it to Dragon Con for the last 3 years but was thinking about skipping it this year. Then Eastman got announced and it turned into a no-brainer. In talking to him at the show, I found out that since he moved to Florida and the show is relatively close, he's planning on making Dragon Con one of his regular shows.

I saw that page on Ebay recently and thought about bidding. Knowing that you ended up with it, I'm glad I didn't. The page still makes me laugh. I'm always interested in your new acquisitions. You've got great taste in TMNT art. :headbang:

Finally, I set up a commission with Dan Duncan at Heroes. For those who don't know, Dan was the artist for the first 12 issues of the new IDW TMNT series. I never got a scan, so imagine my excitement when this arrived at my door yesterday.

TMNT%20Duncan%20-%20Team%20Watermarked_zps8fb68ce2.jpg

Thanks, Dan! You Rock!

That sketch is awesome Pete!

Question:

Who is going to go to see Peter Laird at the Paint and Pixel festival?

and

Who would be willing to help set up a CGC SS submission thingy?

I can guarantee at least 30 books I want to get signed. CGC says we needs 200, and a retailer to be there.

Anyone want to help arrange this with me?