• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,329 posts in this topic

Got some stuff in from CGC today. Really glad this Lego Edition came back 9.8, tough to find in good shape. Also got back 4 Limited Edition sketch pack 30th Anniversary books. Just love that cover. :cloud9:

4.jpg

6.jpg

00000001-1.jpg

000009001.jpg

Got some stuff in from CGC today. Really glad this Lego Edition came back 9.8, tough to find in good shape. Also got back 4 Limited Edition sketch pack 30th Anniversary books. Just love that cover. :cloud9:

4.jpg

6.jpg

00000001-1.jpg

000009001.jpg

You are rockin it!! Congrats on all the recent hits!

Here's a group shot of the Lego Variants thus far. I always enjoy a good throwback to the old covers. :cloud9:

Anybody know if I'm missing any that are out or if they plan on releasing more? One of them says it's part 2 of the story, the other says it's part 3. How many parts are there and where can I find part 1?

I also found it weird that the book with the #4 homage cover also reprinted the first issue in Lego.

IMG_2517.jpg

TMNT NAA #11 has part 1 of the story but, to my knowledge, they didn't do a special Lego Subscription cover like they did for NAA #12 and #13. Not sure why.

I also find it odd that the #4 homage cover is on the book that re-tells the #1 story in "Lego." Why not put the #1 homage cover on that one?

Here's a group shot of the Lego Variants thus far. I always enjoy a good throwback to the old covers. :cloud9:

Anybody know if I'm missing any that are out or if they plan on releasing more? One of them says it's part 2 of the story, the other says it's part 3. How many parts are there and where can I find part 1?

I also found it weird that the book with the #4 homage cover also reprinted the first issue in Lego.

IMG_2517.jpg

That's all the Lego variants I think Adam. Two released this year at SDCC. I love these covers. :)

I have a quick question about sending in some of the earlier TMNT comics for grading. They are of a bit larger size than regular comics. Does CGC charge the magazine comic rate to grade them? If so, are you allowed to use the 4 free coupons you get with a membership on them or do they not count towards them?

I have a quick question about sending in some of the earlier TMNT comics for grading. They are of a bit larger size than regular comics. Does CGC charge the magazine comic rate to grade them? If so, are you allowed to use the 4 free coupons you get with a membership on them or do they not count towards them?
Yes, if I remember correctly CGC will charge you the magazine tier for grading due to the larger size. I believe the coupons are for standard size submissions only. Somebody with a little more expertise in the coupon department might be able to help a little more. ;)

Yes, if I remember correctly CGC will charge you the magazine tier for grading due to the larger size. I believe the coupons are for standard size submissions only. Somebody with a little more expertise in the coupon department might be able to help a little more. ;)

Ah thanks for the reply... I'm not sure if it's worth it then. I was a TMNT fan a long time ago and collected the first 10 issues. The 1st issue is 3rd edition though. Every other one is a first edition. I had put them in bags with a board and haven;t looked at them in 20 years or more. They are in good shape but not sure if they are in the high 9's so to speak. Are the first 4 issues worth grading or should I try to sell them ungraded? I am not a comic book collector and would like to sell them.

Also, to everybody in this TMNT thread, like I told Dan(SpideyFein) I'm selling 90% of collection. I've decided to shift everything to my true passion and that's TMNT. With that said, I'm going to be moving about 900 to 1000 Batman slabs. Yes, you read that correctly. Now, creating price lists, inventory, and stuff is going to be one of the most time consuming adventures I've ever dealt with. With that being said you guys get first dibs at my stuff. Just go to my registry and you'll see everything. EVERYTHING is for sell except anything TMNT, Transformers, and my Dark Knight Returns set. Let me know if you see something. I'll be starting a sales thread soon I hope and I'm starting with 600's to 700's. Like I said, very time consuming but I feel it'll be worth to go after and collect something that's always been a part of my life. Any questions fire away! :)

Double Time :headbang::headbang:

Turtle Power bro!

TMNT NAA #11 has part 1 of the story but, to my knowledge, they didn't do a special Lego Subscription cover like they did for NAA #12 and #13. Not sure why.

I also find it odd that the #4 homage cover is on the book that re-tells the #1 story in "Lego." Why not put the #1 homage cover on that one?

Thanks, Rich!

Both interiors seem to be the same for the SDCC (#1 and #4 books). They just have 2 different covers. Just seems strange to me.

Ah thanks for the reply... I'm not sure if it's worth it then. I was a TMNT fan a long time ago and collected the first 10 issues. The 1st issue is 3rd edition though. Every other one is a first edition. I had put them in bags with a board and haven;t looked at them in 20 years or more. They are in good shape but not sure if they are in the high 9's so to speak. Are the first 4 issues worth grading or should I try to sell them ungraded? I am not a comic book collector and would like to sell them.

Depending on the condition, the #1 3rd print may be worth up to a few hundred dollars. Even if you went the ungraded route, copies in decent shape clear $100 here on the boards.

Issues 2-4 tend to be worth some money in high grades. The #2 1st print ungraded would probably net you over $100 depending on the condition. #3 and #4 ungraded will likely fall in the $35-$85 range, depending on condition.

My recommendation would be to carefully take the books out of the bags and scan the front and back covers. Put them back in the bags once you're done. If you don't have a scanner, take photos with clear close-ups of all the edges. Once you have the photos, post them in the "Hey Buddy, can you spare a grade" section of these boards. People will generally be happy to give you their opinions on what they think the grades of the books are. From there, compare prices for books in similar condition on ebay to get an idea of the selling price.

If you need help with any of them, I'd be happy to help. Just send me a Private Message. (thumbs u

Here's a piece I got back a month or two ago. I've had the original Mitchroney piece for some time and I got a chance to hand it off to Steve Lavigne at FCBD this year. As usual, he did a great job with the colors:

TMNTMitchroney-Team.jpg

Here's a piece I got back a month or two ago. I've had the original Mitchroney piece for some time and I got a chance to hand it off to Steve Lavigne at FCBD this year. As usual, he did a great job with the colors:

TMNTMitchroney-Team.jpg

Oh wow Adam that's incredible!! (worship)

+1 Adam. The airbrushing is a real sweet touch. Mikeys face is great.

You do have quite the knack for commissions... I have something in the works you may be proud of.

22" x 15" Duoshade penciled by Lawson. Hopefully gonna hit Talbot up for inking/toning

14832816900_dba3f31cdc_b.jpg

That is going to be AWESOME!

Please keep us posted on the progress. Very cool idea!