• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,326 posts in this topic

Beautiful Figure!!!

I have had a lot of experience with AFA when it comes to McFarlane Sportspicks. You generally won't take a hit for any type of curve anywhere. As long as it doesn't crease you are usually good. I have had cardboard cards that look like boomerangs grade high because it still wasn't creased anywhere....and it straightened in the case once in.

Very interesting. I wonder why. Thanks man.

Bronty, what toon episode or cover are you referring too. Rocksteady looks a bit different too. Pretty cool through

What I am meant to say is that the back cover of the Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop toon episode started out as this. Then for whatever reason they changed it to the published image and made the artist redo it. This is the vintage unpublished back cover.

If you google 'super rocksteady mighty bebop VHS back' you can see the published version. They are climbing a water tower or something. Rocksteady looks the same on the front and back covers of the published so I don't know what you mean. If you mean compared to the comics version then that is to be expected.

This was delivered about 45 minutes ago. What a good way to start my Saturday!

TMNT13rdPrintingCGCSS98_zpsfe19e676.jpg

Wonderful book! Congrats! Did you submit the book yourself or was it a boards/ebay purchase? So nice!

This was delivered about 45 minutes ago. What a good way to start my Saturday!

TMNT13rdPrintingCGCSS98_zpsfe19e676.jpg

Wonderful book! Congrats! Did you submit the book yourself or was it a boards/ebay purchase? So nice!

I sent the book raw to Rich Henn for a sig opp on FCBD; I was expecting two sigs, so the two remarks were a HUGE and very welcomed surprise!

:)

Great book! IMO signed third printings are the way to go. I had my third printing signed by Laird in 1993 at Comicfest Philly, and just this year by Eastman at the Gem City Con. I met these guys 21 years apart and this is all I have signed by both of them as a result of meeting them, so it's a special book to me.

21lkf3n.jpg

What I am meant to say is that the back cover of the Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop toon episode started out as this. Then for whatever reason they changed it to the published image and made the artist redo it. This is the vintage unpublished back cover.

If you google 'super rocksteady mighty bebop VHS back' you can see the published version. They are climbing a water tower or something. Rocksteady looks the same on the front and back covers of the published so I don't know what you mean. If you mean compared to the comics version then that is to be expected.

I know the cover and episode. Very cool piece man. I actually enjoy cells and the artwork from the cartoon. Some scenes are great. I guess you're right on Rocksteady. In that particular piece, I guess he just looked a little different to me.

Eb, all I have to say is Wow on the 3rd print double SS. Extremely sweet. I smell the turtlely goodness from here.

Well got my standard Turtlemania in today and needless to say it's not "mint". :censored: I've scanned it and put it below. It looks to have stains on the front and back with some slight rust it seems on the staples. Was this common with these books? I don't know if you can clean books or if it would help. Needless to say my 9.8 hasn't ended. :ohnoez:

00000001.jpg

b.jpg

It looks to have stains on the front and back with some slight rust it seems on the staples. Was this common with these books?

Staple rust is very common with these books...I see it more often than not with them. The staining is kind of hit or miss but I've found copies in back-issue bins that have staining on the spine and/or front & back. I think these being white with matte paper is the reason...picks up everything. Hard book to get in a 9.8 for sure.

Yeah, I know. I got burned on it. I paid $100 for it raw. :frustrated: It would grade at maybe 7.0. I'm great at reading conditions but not at knowing what stains and such will deduct from the grade. It would be a good book once pressed and graded to have the guys sign it. :) No to find a silver and gold..... :shy:

Yeah, I know. I got burned on it. I paid $100 for it raw. :frustrated: It would grade at maybe 7.0. I'm great at reading conditions but not at knowing what stains and such will deduct from the grade. It would be a good book once pressed and graded to have the guys sign it. :) No to find a silver and gold..... :shy:

$100 isn't bad for it though...it's getting to be a tough book to find for cheap. 20+ years ago I could find that book every day for less than $5. Plus, I'd buy back-issues in bulk sometimes and Turtlemania would included.

Good luck on the Gold & Silver hunt. Very hard books to find. Gold is still something I need but prices have just been too high every time I've had the chance to buy.

$100 isn't bad for it though...it's getting to be a tough book to find for cheap. 20+ years ago I could find that book every day for less than $5. Plus, I'd buy back-issues in bulk sometimes and Turtlemania would included.

Good luck on the Gold & Silver hunt. Very hard books to find. Gold is still something I need but prices have just been too high every time I've had the chance to buy.

What's frustrating is the book is in NM condition wise. No spine ticks, sharp corners, and a press would make it better.

Also, to everybody in this TMNT thread, like I told Dan(SpideyFein) I'm selling 90% of collection. I've decided to shift everything to my true passion and that's TMNT. With that said, I'm going to be moving about 900 to 1000 Batman slabs. Yes, you read that correctly. Now, creating price lists, inventory, and stuff is going to be one of the most time consuming adventures I've ever dealt with. With that being said you guys get first dibs at my stuff. Just go to my registry and you'll see everything. EVERYTHING is for sell except anything TMNT, Transformers, and my Dark Knight Returns set. Let me know if you see something. I'll be starting a sales thread soon I hope and I'm starting with 600's to 700's. Like I said, very time consuming but I feel it'll be worth to go after and collect something that's always been a part of my life. Any questions fire away! :)