• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I am, what's your tag? I'm in a local tournament tomorrow, won it last time which was a fluke

I don't play online.

How are you finding the change between 11 & 12? I usualy play on Professional but geez was that change in defending hard to cope with. I started with Reading and got hammered for 9 games straight.

I had to drop down to Semi-Pro and start in League 2 just to get a season of practice. Can't believe how much the game engine has changed since 11.

Anyone been in touch with the DWC rep re getting sigs at Kapow?

I'm only going at the last minute as I was given a free ticket and was thinking of getting some sigs ; Adlard, Ross & Hitch, Gibbons and Snyder etc.

Anyone else?

It's a guy called Dominic Rand, who will be on table 77 aparently.

Was thinking of taking some Quitely stuff along but he's going to be at Baltimore - and I heard a rumour that Morrison might be going there as well as a special guest, so might hold off and get things dobule signed.

I'm going on Saturday anyway, for a couple of hours.

Seeing as you guys are mostly Marvel fans from what I can tell (including Paul who is a big X-Force fan)… I have some questions about the universe, seeing as all I’m watching lately is Marvel movies.

Ok, so based on seeing Avengers Vs X-Men in Previews lately I know all the Marvel characters are in the same universe? So why does it seem, to me at least, that the X-Men are labelled as mutants and are feared by the public and hunted where as the Fantastic Four are revered as heroes? Have I got this right?

Also in The Avengers movie… (I know, licensing rights) but shouldn’t Daredevil, Spider-Man & the FF have intervened seeing as the final battle was NYC?? :)

One other question…. Is Hercules an Asgardian?

Firstly, I now only have 2 copies of X-Force left after we recently ran out of loo roll.

Secondly,

I think DD, Spidey and FF are curently sign to aother distributor so no chance of an uber-crossover any time soon.

I've actually no idea why mutants in particular (And Spidey) are still hated and feared. Probably stems back to their original concept and Stan trying to highlight cultural and ethnic boundaries (Not sure if there were any black superheroes when XM #1 was created). I think them being outside of the ethnic norm was their unique selling point. Making them social pariahs gave them an edge over the "Nice as pie" Avengers and FF.

Just my 2 pence worth. probably wrong but who gives a chuff???

Firstly, I now only have 2 copies of X-Force left after we recently ran out of loo roll.

Secondly,

I think DD, Spidey and FF are curently sign to aother distributor so no chance of an uber-crossover any time soon.

I've actually no idea why mutants in particular (And Spidey) are still hated and feared. Probably stems back to their original concept and Stan trying to highlight cultural and ethnic boundaries (Not sure if there were any black superheroes when XM #1 was created). I think them being outside of the ethnic norm was their unique selling point. Making them social pariahs gave them an edge over the "Nice as pie" Avengers and FF.

Watch this :grin:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/30274-x-force-1

Hercules isn't Asgardian, he was part of the pantheon of Greek gods (Same as the superior, yet living-imparied Ares).

Just trying to think if there are any other god squads outside of Norse or Greek mythology in MU...

Hercules isn't Asgardian, he was part of the pantheon of Greek gods (Same as the superior, yet living-imparied Ares).

Just trying to think if there are any other god squads outside of Norse or Greek mythology in MU...

Cool. I was just wondering as I know there have been Thor Vs Hercules tales so wondered where his origin lay.

Secondly,

It's just one of those stupid direct line adverts followed by a screen saying unable to play the vid.

Perhaps the awesomness of Leifeld's artwork has killed the internet???

Secondly,

It's just one of those stupid direct line adverts followed by a screen saying unable to play the vid.

Perhaps the awesomness of Leifeld's artwork has killed the internet???

Works for me dude, on Firefox. (shrug)

It really does not make sense that the Ff etc are loved and the X-Men hated when the only difference is power by birth or cosmic rays.

I think the mutants actually like being hated and wallow in their outsider status.

At the end of the day its all about marketing and promotion and the FF are better at that than the muties.

It really does not make sense that the Ff etc are loved and the X-Men hated when the only difference is power by birth or cosmic rays.

I think the mutants actually like being hated and wallow in their outsider status.

At the end of the day its all about marketing and promotion and the FF are better at that than the muties.

I think the X-Men should have been seperate from the universe that Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Cap America etc inhabit.

Because to me, it now conflicts with one another.