• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Brian Robson hasn't applied for any jobs recently...

At one point, (After getting the sack from us) he applied for every managerial post going. He's been a little quite recently.

Perhaps he's now biding his time, waiting for Ferguson to quit.

The United job has Mourinho written all over it in 1/2 years...

If you follow his pattern he will leave Utd as soon as he's won everything, like he do with Inter.

Well Hodgson and his selections confused me, 4 strikers and Rooney being banned for 2 games, money's not getting out of group stages

Same old, same old... :screwy:

I think you have a strong bet there :acclaim:

Well Hodgson and his selections confused me, 4 strikers and Rooney being banned for 2 games, money's not getting out of group stages

I don't think he needs more than 4 strikers. He will play one up top...

Also if you look at the midfielders I can see at least 4 players than can play the second, deeper lying striker role. or wide in a forward 3.

No more King Kenny, good or bad decision?

Having just had the worst league season in over 5 years I can't see how anyone would think it was a bad decision (shrug)

I'm a Liverpool supporter (of sorts) and it's sad to see "King Kenny" go but the League cup and 8th in the league is a poor return on the money put into the club. Add in the Suarez incident and I can see why they felt changes had to be made :(

Think the writing was on the wall for KD, 8th is not good enough for Liverpool in any season, but considering the massive amount of money they spent on pretty rubbish players (Cheers for the 20 million for DJ Downing)

Personally I think it's hilarious what happened to them this year, after all being a Villa fan you take comfort in anythign else to erase the misery of our own season.

Just hope Liverpool don't poach one of our managerial targets....they should go for a manager with true international pedigree like Mick McCarthy :)

In other news, there is something called 'London Comic Con' announced for next weekend 25 -27 May at the Excel Centre. It is unrelated to either SuperCon or Kapow. I haven't seen anybody on here mention this at all.

Anyone know anything about it?

In other news, there is something called 'London Comic Con' announced for next weekend 25 -27 May at the Excel Centre. It is unrelated to either SuperCon or Kapow. I haven't seen anybody on here mention this at all.

You talking about this?

It's not new and its been around years, I have never liked it as its more about Anime, Manga and video games (tsk)

You talking about this?

It's not new and its been around years, I have never liked it as its more about Anime, Manga and video games (tsk)

Yeah, that's the one. See it's a twice a year show with another one in October. Just surprised how badly promoted it is. There's also the Film and Comicon at Olympia. I went to it one year when it was at Wembley. It was ok but nothing special. The best bit was meeting and getting a sig from Adam West (worship)

You talking about this?

Yeah, that's the one. See it's a twice a year show with another one in October. Just surprised how badly promoted it is. There's also the Film and Comicon at Olympia. I went to it one year when it was at Wembley. It was ok but nothing special. The best bit was meeting and getting a sig from Adam West (worship)

I think I went to that one year... the only comics there were from Incognito.

In other news....

The English F.A have confirmed that Duran Duran are to release Englands Euro 2012 song. 'His Name Is Rio And He Watches From The Stand'