• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Well, I'm still in the office - although leaving soon.

And one thing that's made this day a bit more bearable is that I've been having very friendly email chats with a well known US comic artist haggling over the price of a page that isn't for sale on his dealer's website (so nobody else knows it is available...)

BWAAAAAAHAAAAHAAA

He seems like a really nice guy too, so don't mind giving him some of my money.

:whee:

Getting ready to do a big boot sale on Sunday where I usually do well with comics, so will hopefully make a few quid. Got some antique/collectors fairs coming up soon as well as I'm dipping my toes in dealing on a small scale. :wishluck:

Those high grade Bronze books for £1 each that you picked up at Kapow should be a good profit. ^^

I've spent most of the week in the pub lol

Only came back to work yesterday. (thumbs u

^^^^

Getting ready to do a big boot sale on Sunday where I usually do well with comics, so will hopefully make a few quid. Got some antique/collectors fairs coming up soon as well as I'm dipping my toes in dealing on a small scale. :wishluck:

Those high grade Bronze books for £1 each that you picked up at Kapow should be a good profit. ^^

lol. No way! Those were keepers! This is virtually my entire collection from 1990 onwards, plus lots of tb's, mags etc. Show me the money!

lol. No way! Those were keepers! This is virtually my entire collection from 1990 onwards, plus lots of tb's, mags etc. Show me the money!

Have you done antique/collectors fairs before?

i have done well at the local auction for last 2 months, selling piles of 100 dross comics from £30-£70, after that other bloke bought even more its now looking good in my room plus im buying some great keys with just using profits

No, but in addition to comics, I've got quite a lot of old movie, sport and music memorabilia that I've hoarded over the years and now want to get rid of and which is too nice to put in a boot sale.

I've also had some cards printed up saying I buy comics, which I give out to punters, so I'm hoping I might get some leads from those.

I quite enjoy doing them, and it's a good way to make some money and free up some space.

I want to try a few different venues to see what works. I'm not risking anything and it's all good experience.

No, but in addition to comics, I've got quite a lot of old movie, sport and music memorabilia that I've hoarded over the years and now want to get rid of and which is too nice to put in a boot sale.

I've also had some cards printed up saying I buy comics, which I give out to punters, so I'm hoping I might get some leads from those.

I quite enjoy doing them, and it's a good way to make some money and free up some space.

I want to try a few different venues to see what works. I'm not risking anything and it's all good experience.

Good luck, mate. :)

i have done well at the local auction for last 2 months, selling piles of 100 dross comics from £30-£70, after that other bloke bought even more its now looking good in my room plus im buying some great keys with just using profits

Clearing loads of space and gaining a pile of cash? Very satisfying. :cloud9:

Just got back from a week in Padstow.

Fish and Chips, Cornish Pasties, Cider and surfing at Newquay all for twice the price of an all inclusive week in Cape Verde. Gotta love holidays in the UK.

Fantastic weather all week although Cornwall has a distinct lack of comic books. Thank crunchie I took my iPad and my latest copies of Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection. Cap Britain - Crooked World is legendary :) I've not read those stories stories since the very early 70's. Well worth a read, even just for the fight with Slaymaster in a Forbidden Planet store. You could tell it was old school. The FP had a copy of UXM 137 in the window.

Fish and Chips, Cornish Pasties, Cider and surfing at Newquay all for twice the price of an all inclusive week in Cape Verde. Gotta love holidays in the UK.

Fantastic weather all week although Cornwall has a distinct lack of comic books. Thank crunchie I took my iPad and my latest copies of Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection. Cap Britain - Crooked World is legendary :) I've not read those stories stories since the very early 70's. Well worth a read, even just for the fight with Slaymaster in a Forbidden Planet store. You could tell it was old school. The FP had a copy of UXM 137 in the window.

FP had a proper back issue, how much did they want for it? :o

FP had a proper back issue, how much did they want for it? :o

I guess it was a reprint :screwy:

Glad you enjoyed our wonderful County. RE: LAck of books, you should try living here...nearest LCS is Plymouth :(