• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Balham I'm sure I saw that you can't put megs in a kudos thread, can anyone confirm this? I just said to him you must have a big car then

That's really interesting if true. So many people on here harp on about protecting the community etc. - I'm not saying that's wrong, but it seems a bit hypocritical for the site not to allow negative feedback.

Of course it would be open to abuse, but I'm sure the mods would be able to control it...

Kudos threads are for exactly that: kudos. If you have a problem with a board transaction you take it to the Probation Discussion thread. If you don't have your books (or the proof they've been shipped) within 30 days, add the guy to the Probation List and file your Paypal dispute the day before it runs out.

Kudos threads are for exactly that: kudos. If you have a problem with a board transaction you take it to the Probation Discussion thread. If you don't have your books (or the proof they've been shipped) within 30 days, add the guy to the Probation List and file your Paypal dispute the day before it runs out.

I agree that would be the right thing to do if the book doesn't turn up.

I guess what I am talking about is the poor comms though. Let's say he gets his tracking number now, after weeks of asking for it, and then the book finally arrives, and it's in good condition. From what I understand (happy to be corrected) it wouldn't be appropriate to try and get someone put on the probation list for being a bit rubbish at communicating, and not giving an accurate estimate of shipping times. So there is no way to make other buyers aware - and that just seems a bit strange to me given that we're supposed to be the guardians of the comic collecting community or whatever.

From what I understand (happy to be corrected) it wouldn't be appropriate to try and get someone put on the probation list for being a bit rubbish at communicating, and not giving an accurate estimate of shipping times. So there is no way to make other buyers aware - and that just seems a bit strange to me given that we're supposed to be the guardians of the comic collecting community or whatever.

It wouldn't be fair to put someone on probation if you get the books within the allotted timeframe. They may be at communicating but you'll get that in any aspect of life. I've waited months for books I've bought on here from all kinds of sellers, I generally just waited it out and all came good in the end. I'm not saying that's the case in this situation as I've never heard of the seller, but the way I see it if you get your books within 30 days all is good by the Sales rules. If you don't you take it to probation and presumably get your money back. Nothing lost in either instance.

Nothing's ever going to be perfect, and nine times out of ten a little patience will see you through. Again, I'm not defending this particular transaction as the communication does look slack, but to hang someone up because they don't communicate even if they've sent the goods is a bit steep.

If eBay worked like that there'd be way more negs left than positives.

From what I understand (happy to be corrected) it wouldn't be appropriate to try and get someone put on the probation list for being a bit rubbish at communicating, and not giving an accurate estimate of shipping times. So there is no way to make other buyers aware - and that just seems a bit strange to me given that we're supposed to be the guardians of the comic collecting community or whatever.

It wouldn't be fair to put someone on probation if you get the books within the allotted timeframe. They may be at communicating but you'll get that in any aspect of life. I've waited months for books I've bought on here from all kinds of sellers, I generally just waited it out and all came good in the end. I'm not saying that's the case in this situation as I've never heard of the seller, but the way I see it if you get your books within 30 days all is good by the Sales rules. If you don't you take it to probation and presumably get your money back. Nothing lost in either instance.

Nothing's ever going to be perfect, and nine times out of ten a little patience will see you through. Again, I'm not defending this particular transaction as the communication does look slack, but to hang someone up because they don't communicate even if they've sent the goods is a bit steep.

eBay does work like this - you can give someone a positive because you received the book you asked for within the stated timeline, but still mark them down on comms in the detailed star ratings. That's a good compromise between saying nothing on one hand and going over the top (i.e. leaving a neg) on the other - there's no equivalent to that halfway house on the boards.

I agree completely with what you said - it would not be fair to put someone on probation for slack comms. I also agree that sometimes you just have to suck it up.

The main thing is that ArsenalHerd gets the book! I'm sure all the rest of it will be quickly forgotten once he has his hands on it.

eBay does work like this - you can give someone a positive because you received the book you asked for within the stated timeline, but still mark them down on comms in the detailed star ratings. That's a good compromise between saying nothing on one hand and going over the top (i.e. leaving a neg) on the other - there's no equivalent to that halfway house on the boards.

I agree completely with what you said - it would not be fair to put someone on probation for slack comms. I also agree that sometimes you just have to suck it up.

The main thing is that ArsenalHerd gets the book! I'm sure all the rest of it will be quickly forgotten once he has his hands on it.

Maybe I am a hardass, but if seller is not communicating, then others should know and therefore his or her poor performance expressed on the probation thread. I htink we are being overly kind as this is a good community - to better the community would be to notify someone of their flaws so in the future they rectify it. Don't you think? (shrug) So don't slam the guy or gal (especially if you get your book), but give a 'neg on communication'

Maybe I am a hardass, but if seller is not communicating, then others should know and therefore his or her poor performance expressed on the probation thread. I htink we are being overly kind as this is a good community - to better the community would be to notify someone of their flaws so in the future they rectify it. Don't you think? (shrug) So don't slam the guy or gal (especially if you get your book), but give a 'neg on communication'

:popcorn:

In other news, my Stan Lee books from the London Con showed up yesterday.

SpiderMan23.jpg

XMen11.jpg

Very nice books. (thumbs u

What was the service level?

Standard.

What happened was, CGC screwed up and sent all the books back to DWC to sort out and send out, thats why it took much longer.

Kudos to DWC, extremely helpful, friendly and got the job done (worship)

In other news, my Stan Lee books from the London Con showed up yesterday.

SpiderMan23.jpg

XMen11.jpg

Very nice books. (thumbs u

What was the service level?

Standard.

What happened was, CGC screwed up and sent all the books back to DWC to sort out and send out, thats why it took much longer.

Kudos to DWC, extremely helpful, friendly and got the job done (worship)

Just realised CGC put the date, but not the con name on the label which is a bit of a shame.

Getting ready to do a big boot sale on Sunday where I usually do well with comics, so will hopefully make a few quid. Got some antique/collectors fairs coming up soon as well as I'm dipping my toes in dealing on a small scale. :wishluck: