• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT famous collectors

63 posts in this topic

Howard Stern

Does he actually collect? He obviously read comics at one time and has some knowledge of the characters, but didn't think he actually collected. I know he makes fun of Baba Booey all the time for collecting animation cells.

That was my impression as well. I don't believe he's into accumulating collectibles. A few years back when the 60s animated ASM was released to DVD he did talk about watching those on his big screen TV though.

Brian Dawkins (Eagles Safety) is a HUUUUGGGGE Wolvie fan. Even calls himself "Weapon X". ESPN profiled him last year, with much focus on the comics aspect.

Yes he is the man.....

That's awesome.

He is my favorite player of all time. (worship)

Dawkins is now a Denver Bronco :banana:

Brian Dawkins (Eagles Safety) is a HUUUUGGGGE Wolvie fan. Even calls himself "Weapon X". ESPN profiled him last year, with much focus on the comics aspect.

Yes he is the man.....

That's awesome.

Fail.

Yes he is the man.....

That's awesome.

Fail.

Yup. Just read he wasn't officially signed yet.

Sorry you guys got Gaffney, though. I like him.

'Gratz to Chiefs fan for Vrabel too. Not sure where that's all going yet.

GO PATS!

-Rob-

That indignant, condescending azz-wipe Joe Banner should be run out of town for not allowing Brian Dawkins the opportunity to end his career in an Eagles' uniform.

B-Dawk was one of the few people in that entire organization who unconditionally gave a damn about winning at any cost. He will be missed.

I don't know if he collected them in real life, but Gilligan was a huge comic fan. hm

The show was filmed just as the Marvel Age was starting, too.

Anyone know what issue this is?

75084.jpg.c3dad38eacdecf16691a58c9eeb9d4b6.jpg

I don't know if he collected them in real life, but Gilligan was a huge comic fan. hm

"Captain Youngboy and the Youngboy Rangers." Why do you think Skipper is so attentive?

I'm surprised nobody has said President Obama. He collects Spider-Man and Conan.

He's said he likes Superman, Spider-man and Conan... never seen any evidence he actually collects.

I read the actual quote somewhere recently: he said he's a Spider-man fan, and that he collected Spider-man and Conan when he was a kid. Past tense.

I agree. When I heard this, I hoped I missed that they may have signed and traded him and got something significant at least. Damn that sucks... he was the soul of that defense.

That indignant, condescending azz-wipe Joe Banner should be run out of town for not allowing Brian Dawkins the opportunity to end his career in an Eagles' uniform.

B-Dawk was one of the few people in that entire organization who unconditionally gave a damn about winning at any cost. He will be missed.

"Captain Youngboy and the Youngboy Rangers." Why do you think Skipper is so attentive?

Looks like it says "Captain Marvel" (shrug)

So is it one of those super rare golden age DC ashcans? hm

It is, and it says "Space" something in the box on the right of that. I still don't know what issue that is, though, as it looks like it is a completely B&W sketch edition or something.

Mark Hamill used to collect, but I don't think he does anymore.

I wonder if he still has comics. hm

Yep, he was a big time collector some years ago. I remember Entertainment Tonight did a story about him and he showed his comic collection. He had a Detective 27 that looked really nice and he said he was going to sell it. I think that was back in the early 90s.