• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey all of you Nedor collectors!

155 posts in this topic

Yikes, it's at $1376 with 5 minutes to go.

Yep, I'm officially out. I was going for the 4.0 after pressing gamble at 6X guide. What a relief!

You aren't serious? :o

Then again, considering what you got for that Exciting 39, I shouldn't be so shocked.

Yeah, well I've never owned it and probably never will. I figured worse case if I won it at $1300 is I loose a couple hundred if I had to sell it. Best case it gets a 4.0/4.5 and some one hits it for $2000 if I had to sell.

Yep, I'm officially out. I was going for the 4.0 after pressing gamble at 6X guide. What a relief!

Then again, considering what you got for that Exciting 39, I shouldn't be so shocked.

Yeah, well I've never owned it and probably never will. I figured worse case if I won it at $1300 is I loose a couple hundred if I had to sell it. Best case it gets a 4.0/4.5 and some one hits it for $2000 if I had to sell.

I think everyone and their grandma is kicking themselves that they let the MH copy sit on the Metro site for years without seriously pursuing it. In hindsight, that was pretty dumb. :insane:

If the water damage killed the grade, what about the big azz tear on the BC? It looks to be at least 2 1/2" to 3" long...(didn't know if anyone else pointed this out as I didn't read the entire thread) :blush:

If the water damage killed the grade, what about the big azz tear on the BC? It looks to be at least 2 1/2" to 3" long...(didn't know if anyone else pointed this out as I didn't read the entire thread) :blush:

I saw that also. Just too rich for my blood.

The seller sold this last night. I thought it was pretty cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Superman-Krypto-Raygun-Picture-Gun-in-Original-BOX_W0QQitemZ320340208556QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Toys?hash=item320340208556&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

You guys can have the low and mid graders for over NM Guide....I'll just keep to the NM copies at a resonable multiple.

Thanks to Mr. Mark Wilson for graciously accepting my offer (and to Paypal for giving me another $100 off) on a book I've wanted for a while. I will be receiving this gem soon.

Old Label 9.4 White Pager who would want that :)

Gorgeous freaking book and pick up BTW

You know if you submit for a PQ check, the new label will say Blazing White Pages :o

Jim

I think everyone and their grandma is kicking themselves that they let the MH copy sit on the Metro site for years without seriously pursuing it. In hindsight, that was pretty dumb. :insane:

Yes, I remember holding that book in my hands for a few minutes down in the SD Con a few years ago. :cloud9:

I just couldn't convince myself to part with $9,500 big ones to take it back home with me. Boy, was it ever a beautiful copy, but my wife probably wouldn't have let me back into the house if I had walked in with it.

On second thought, knowing my wife........she probably would have told me to simply keep the book and not bother sending the money down to Steve. :devil:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Superman-Krypto-Raygun-Picture-Gun-in-Original-BOX_W0QQitemZ320340208556QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Toys?hash=item320340208556&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

First live antique auction I ever participated in (mid 90's) I was waiting for a lot of BLBs to come up and bid on a box of toys that I didn't even have a chance to go through(it went dirt cheap). Turned out to have that Superman Krypto Ray Gun among other goodies. I was hooked on live auctions after that! :cloud9:

First live antique auction I ever participated in (mid 90's) I was waiting for a lot of BLBs to come up and bid on a box of toys that I didn't even have a chance to go through(it went dirt cheap). Turned out to have that Superman Krypto Ray Gun among other goodies. I was hooked on live auctions after that! :cloud9:

Have a good friend that's a licensed auctioneer here in NC. He still runs auctions (I think), but he's always going to live auctions and buying great stuff then selling to all the dealers in our area. I'm sure he makes a good little chunk of change just doing this.

Not sure if anyone notice, but the 39 from CL showed up on ebay a couple of months ago. I noticed it got listed at least twice, not sure if it sold. If I remember correctly it was for about $100 under the CL price the second time, or maybe it was a third time.

How much did MC get for his 4.0 39, It was sold by the time I saw it so did not see the price, replaced with sold. Personally I like the 39 cover better, so simple but so evil.

Bruce

I bought MC's' Exciting #39 (actually CGC 4.5)...a nice classic cover for my collection. :banana:

3283691600_70a9227df0.jpg

Honestly, it was priced as part of a three-party, 4-book deal involving trades and cash...I'd prefer to keep price confidential anyway. I can say the book fetched many multiples of guide.

All parties involved are quite pleased with the deal. :applause:

GE

You really think so? I looked at that book long and hard and I am far from kicking myself. There is a 9.4 with white pages out there somewhere, too.

My question to everyone is this: Putting Exciting 9 aside, which particular Nedor issues would/could sell for $10K or more? Let's assume we are talking Church copies here. And do you think there is a ceiling as to what a Nedor could fetch?

I bet you are. My only hope of getting one is if someone puts one on ebay with a low buy-it-now price and I beat everyone else to it. Otherwise I would have to use the money for another book like a HT 8. I dont buy enough big books to justify the price on this one, even though I love the cover.

I understand you wanting to keep the price to yourself, would you mind at least saying what price MC had it posted at, as many others saw that price.

You really think so? I looked at that book long and hard and I am far from kicking myself. There is a 9.4 with white pages out there somewhere, too.

My question to everyone is this: Putting Exciting 9 aside, which particular Nedor issues would/could sell for $10K or more? Let's assume we are talking Church copies here. And do you think there is a ceiling as to what a Nedor could fetch?

Startling 10, possibly Thrilling 41 or America's Best 7 (probably a long shot). I don't see Thrilling 44 hitting that ceiling. Maybe Wonder 1 (Metro had the MH for a while, asking somewhere north of $9K IIRC).