• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think it's time to rattle this guy's cage- AF 15?

24 posts in this topic

Okay, I found this ad on craig's List a couple of weeks ago. I sent him an email asking for pics/scansd of the AF 15 he has listed. No response. So after a few days I send him another email under a different account asking him if the books are still available. He says yes, so I ask him for some pics. He says absolutely, later tonight. Needless to say, I get nothing. He then posts a pic of AF 15 on the ad itself, looks like a stock photo.

Now looking at the list of the collection, The AF15 sticks out like a sore thumb; it doesn't fit the rest. I think he needs his cage rattled. Anyone?

Oh yea, he says the AF15 is mint.

Spiderman Comics $3500-Craig's List

Hey! I have a very good friend that lives in Slingerlands! I might have her visit this dude and get scans

I live close to there. I'll see if he is interested in a face to face exchange. I'll see if I can set it up this evening from my home computer.

Hey! I have a very good friend that lives in Slingerlands! I might have her visit this dude and get scans

I live close to there. I'll see if he is interested in a face to face exchange. I'll see if I can set it up this evening from my home computer.

I'm about 25 minutes away. I'll also inquire about a face to face. :grin:

Ok, I sent him an email. Asking condition and that I would pay in cash and pick it up in person.

I'll bet he says no, but offers a full refund if not satisfied :roflmao:

DRX

if i was to sell an original AF15 i would be refreshing the page every second, answering any question coming my way. this seems like a joke. i wouldnt even waste my time. but (shrug) you could get lucky. i bet if anything its a milehighcomic NM grading.

Yes, I think it was just a seller who thought his/her comics were worth more than they actually are. The AF#15 did stick out like a sore thumb and hence all the interest. I'll give this person the benefit of the doubt that they are just uninformed about comics.

You're kidding, right?

Lists all the books for $3500, gets called on the AF15, adds the "reprint" description and drops the asking price $2000 to $1500.

Yeah, he doesn't know what he's doing lol

Wait, so you think this person is planning to sell these books at that price?