• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone. It does have its share of problems (obviously, otherwise it wouldn't have been a 5.5), but it's my first FF#1, so I'm pretty psyched to have it.

Only 33 issues to go to complete my Lee/Kirby run!

Thanks everyone. It does have its share of problems (obviously, otherwise it wouldn't have been a 5.5), but it's my first FF#1, so I'm pretty psyched to have it.

Only 33 issues to go to complete my Lee/Kirby run!

Well I think it looks beautiful for the grade, and presents very well.

Clean and very tight looking.

If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the problems with it that made it a 5.5?

I see a little cover chip by reeds arm, and a slight shadow at the top, but otherwise it looks fantastic(pardon the pun)

Beats the heck out of my 2.5

Well I think it looks beautiful for the grade, and presents very well.

Clean and very tight looking.

If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the problems with it that made it a 5.5?

I see a little cover chip by reeds arm, and a slight shadow at the top, but otherwise it looks fantastic(pardon the pun)

Beats the heck out of my 2.5

The chip and dust shadow are the main problems. Other than that, the spine on the back cover has some general wear. It's definitely in the fn range.

Nobody seems to want FF any more. For some reason peaple today cant relate to the characters. naff movies dont help either. Shame. I reckon these books are only going to head south over the next few years.

Nobody seems to want FF any more. For some reason peaple today cant relate to the characters. naff movies dont help either. Shame. I reckon these books are only going to head south over the next few years.

Sure Deano. You might want to invest in moderns. :gossip:

Seriously, FF1 is only going up.

Now way is FF prices going down. I've wanted an issue #1 for as long as I can remember as well but prices are getting into super high amounts lately. Plus there aren't many well presenting low grades to go around so I've found this to be a difficult book to obtain.

Yeah FF1 continues to rise and is as popular as ever. Been wanting to buy a copy for years and wish the price came down but far as I can tell it keeps rising.

I was waiting for the price to come down for ten years. It didn't. I finally bit the bullet this year at C2E2 and put an end to my suffering.

Yeah FF1 continues to rise and is as popular as ever. Been wanting to buy a copy for years and wish the price came down but far as I can tell it keeps rising.

I was waiting for the price to come down for ten years. It didn't. I finally bit the bullet this year at C2E2 and put an end to my suffering.

The price is coming down relative to AF15 but FF1 is an important book and I can't see it losing value for a long time if ever.

I gave up waiting last week and got a cover less copy with some missing pages. All I could afford . I just figured let me get that and I also am a low grade collector. I love books that have been read and used but the copy I got is beat up .I figure one day I will get a slightly better copy.

I gave up waiting last week and got a cover less copy with some missing pages. All I could afford . I just figured let me get that and I also am a low grade collector. I love books that have been read and used but the copy I got is beat up .I figure one day I will get a slightly better copy.

Congrats, welcome to the club!

Nothing wrong with a lower grade book.

I have a 2.5 as that was all I could afford, but it's still a copy, and I enjoy owning it very much.

cFantasticFour1.png

It's restored but I love it anyways. :grin:

:applause:

I've become a big fan of restored Mega Keys because you usually end up getting a really nice looking book for the price.

cFantasticFour1.png

It's restored but I love it anyways. :grin:

:applause:

I've become a big fan of restored Mega Keys because you usually end up getting a really nice looking book for the price.

It is a beauty indeed. :applause: