• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,756 posts in this topic

Man Nick seeing that 9.2 makes me think about re-subbing my 9.2.My spine is near perfect. :cloud9:

:luhv:

That book was SHARP!

And even better, the little personalized note from O'Barr.

:applause:

Man Nick seeing that 9.2 makes me think about re-subbing my 9.2.My spine is near perfect. :cloud9:

That book was IS SHARP!

Fixed that for you.

It's a beautiful book,and can't thank you enough for selling it to me. :luhv:

That book was IS SHARP!

Fixed that for you.

It's a beautiful book,and can't thank you enough for selling it to me. :luhv:

:blush:

Good correction!

:foryou:

That book is a lot like the Platinum Sandman 50 or Death issues, where there are spine tics, but the combo of the paper and ink makes them look horrific when really they are just there. It is the way the light reflections play on the scanner.

Some of the Platinum Deaths look like 5.0s in the scans.

Yep, this is a book where you really can't trust the scans to accurately show the condition of the book - I've subbed a ton of Crow books in general and CGC doesn't treat them any differently than any other book from that era.

Now ... Primer #2s - that's a different matter.

I don't disagree with you guys necessarily, but I think you're being apologists. All of those factors go into the wear and tear on a book. A black book shows defects, yes, but you don't discount them because it's black.

I defer to your experience with this issue, but I can't see giving it an inflated grade just because of variations in paper and cover stock.

And neither of you addressed my SS comment . . . :devil:

It may be me. But that is one of the worse 9.2 I've ever seen

:facepalm:

Why the facepalm? The 9.2 doesn't even look like an 8.0. hm

(and that's assuming that all of the fingerprinting is on the slab). :P

It wasn't for the grade it was for the utter and complete lack of tact towards someone just enjoying a book that the love and enjoy.

Understood. Completely. But this is a free and open exchange. Clearly CGC is soft on this book (and particularly, with its "self-endorsed" signature copies). Any posting outside of a sales thread is an open invitation for comment. :juggle:

And btw, tact is not necessarily a strong suit with internet posters. :grin:

But this is a "fan" thread...."love" is right there in the title. It's not a "Please brutally critique my O'Barr Crow book" thread...it's a "O'Barr The Crow Love" thread. So it's not that they are a commodity as much as something admired and enjoyed beyond the base measuring sticks normally used.

It's not an invitation to be a bellend to people. It's a mutually appreciation thread. People that can't understand the spirit of the thread, or post directly in opposition to the thread's intent, have me scratching my head as to what they are hoping to accomplish.

bellend? hm

Anyhoo, I don't think it was intended to be mean. :grin:

It may be me. But that is one of the worse 9.2 I've ever seen

:facepalm:

Why the facepalm? The 9.2 doesn't even look like an 8.0. hm

(and that's assuming that all of the fingerprinting is on the slab). :P

It wasn't for the grade it was for the utter and complete lack of tact towards someone just enjoying a book that the love and enjoy.

Understood. Completely. But this is a free and open exchange. Clearly CGC is soft on this book (and particularly, with its "self-endorsed" signature copies). Any posting outside of a sales thread is an open invitation for comment. :juggle:

And btw, tact is not necessarily a strong suit with internet posters. :grin:

But this is a "fan" thread...."love" is right there in the title. It's not a "Please brutally critique my O'Barr Crow book" thread...it's a "O'Barr The Crow Love" thread. So it's not that they are a commodity as much as something admired and enjoyed beyond the base measuring sticks normally used.

It's not an invitation to be a bellend to people. It's a mutually appreciation thread. People that can't understand the spirit of the thread, or post directly in opposition to the thread's intent, have me scratching my head as to what they are hoping to accomplish.

bellend? hm

Anyhoo, I don't think it was intended to be mean. :grin:

Probably right. Not intended to be mean. Just a bit callous in considering how it could be taken perhaps and lacking in empathy of the reason it was posted. Much of this forum lacks empathy.

That book is a lot like the Platinum Sandman 50 or Death issues, where there are spine tics, but the combo of the paper and ink makes them look horrific when really they are just there. It is the way the light reflections play on the scanner.

Yep, this is a book where you really can't trust the scans to accurately show the condition of the book - I've subbed a ton of Crow books in general and CGC doesn't treat them any differently than any other book from that era.

I don't disagree with you guys necessarily, but I think you're being apologists. All of those factors go into the wear and tear on a book. A black book shows defects, yes, but you don't discount them because it's black.

I defer to your experience with this issue, but I can't see giving it an inflated grade just because of variations in paper and cover stock.

I try to avoid troll bait these days.

I try to avoid troll bait these days.

:sorry:

Luke Evans Defends ‘The Crow’ Reboot; Promises New Material

The Crow is actually better described as a reboot than a remake, since it’s a new version of the original story (as opposed to yet another sequel) based on the 1989 graphic novel by James O’Barr. O’Barr himself is involved in the making of the reboot, and in an interview with RCN TV, Evans has explained that the new film will go right back to the source material.

Aside from Evans, there is very little known for sure about The Crow‘s casting. The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus was rumored to be the top choice for a supporting role, but it’s unclear how likely he is to take the part or even who he would be playing. There have been multiple iterations of the -script, but the (current) final version was written by Warrior screenwriter Cliff Dorfman.

We'll see where this goes.

‘The Crow’ is not a remake says James O’Barr, ‘last chance to get it right’

“It’s going to be a straight adaptation of the book. It’s not going to be a remake of the Brandon Lee film,” O’Barr told Comic Book Therapy about the new film.

“I think that’s the most important thing people need to know. We’re not remaking the Brandon Lee film, we’re going right back to the source material.”

He wasn’t done explaining the difference.

“It’s the difference between the Bela Lugosi Dracula and the Francis Ford Coppola Dracula. Two completely different films even though they’re both based on the same source material.”

Got a Caliber Crow #4 that's probably an 8.0 8.5 tops, you guys think it's worth getting it pressed and Sig Series'd by O'Barr this weekend? Or just SS without the pressing?

“It’s going to be a straight adaptation of the book. It’s not going to be a remake of the Brandon Lee film,” O’Barr told Comic Book Therapy about the new film.

“I think that’s the most important thing people need to know. We’re not remaking the Brandon Lee film, we’re going right back to the source material.”

“It’s the difference between the Bela Lugosi Dracula and the Francis Ford Coppola Dracula. Two completely different films even though they’re both based on the same source material.”

:applause: I hope that means a direct adaptation of page to screen like Sin City was.

:applause: I hope that means a direct adaptation of page to screen like Sin City was.

Let's hope. :wishluck:

Let's hope. :wishluck:

The first movie had its moments of direct translation....

Crow2page16_zps0bb35039.jpg

Hello all,

I need some help with a book I have found. I have searched GPA and have no data on it so I thought I would turn here.

What do you think a #2 CGC 9.8 white pages would command?

Thanks for any insight

mathew

Around $300.

Looks like HarveySwick has already agreed to purchase it at that price - congrats :applause:

:acclaim:

1zn7tza.jpg

Thank you Matthew! :whee:

Hello all,

I need some help with a book I have found. I have searched GPA and have no data on it so I thought I would turn here.

What do you think a #2 CGC 9.8 white pages would command?

Thanks for any insight

mathew

Around $300.

Looks like HarveySwick has already agreed to purchase it at that price - congrats :applause:

:acclaim:

1zn7tza.jpg

Thank you Matthew! :whee:

That was quick Justin,comgrats! :applause: