• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Here's some cool, exciting, new news regarding The Crow from James O'Barr's site ...

January 16, 2010

The Big News

James has wanted to release The Crow: Author's Edition since 1998. It will contain at least 60 pages of new material that no one has ever seen. Half of that are pages that had to be removed for space reasons. James describes the additions as including more romance flashback scenes between Eric and Shelly, as well as sequences which will make the work more visually interesting

Pocket Books currently owns publication rights to the book, and they have postponed the Author's Edition until their sales of the current graphic novel drop below 25,000 copies per year. They contacted James last month and told him it was time.

James is now going back and editing in all the original pages. Some of them had been given as gifts to friends or sold, so some pages James is having to redraw from scratch. This is also giving him the chance to redraw some other things he was never really satisfied with in the original books.

Don't worry, this isn't the case of some George Lucas ruining the originals!! This is stuff that was really supposed to be in the originals. You're going to love it!

I'll let everybody know when it's getting close to publishing time on here, so be sure to watch this page! The minute I have an exact release date, I'll be letting you know!

Sidenote: James is a bit overwhelmed right now working on this, so it'll be a while before he can accept any new commission work.

~Michael

This is what I've been waiting for!!

:headbang: When this becomes available I'll pre-order two of them! :headbang:

I'm sure Mr. O'Barr is rubbing his hands together in excitement already.

:insane:

lol

James has been talking about this for 10 years now so I hope it actually happens! :wishluck:

Those 2 pre-orders might just be the deciding factor! I kid...

I hope he does some sort of limited special edition too. Maybe something like Kirkman does with his hardcovers (sign and # 150 or 300 copies). :headbang:

I received a response from the seller.

:ohnoez:

You get a restraining order too? :insane:

He sent a note stating he's been busy and couldn't respond to any emails since Sunday. I reminded him this is the second time he has listed the book.

So, at least he is responding to emails.

He sent a note stating he's been busy and couldn't respond to any emails since Sunday. I reminded him this is the second time he has listed the book.

Still sounds like a chump to me.

Agreed, might be able to get this book on the cheap. Probably with a little SCS and a cracked case, but cheap hm

I've sent 3 messages over the past 2 weeks, and I still haven't heard a peep... ???

I feel so special and wanted. :eyeroll:

Me too.

lol

He likes me better. :whee:

Didn't you email him the electronic equivalent of the Sicilian warning?

"Respond to me or your auction sleeps with the fishes."

fishes.jpg

Didn't you email him the electronic equivalent of the Sicilian warning?

"Respond to me or your auction sleeps with the fishes."

fishes.jpg

I think it was the photo I included from "Training Day" and asking if he needed the boys to come on by with that special scrub brush.

cop15.jpg