• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I probably should not show you this one then....
(worship) Just emailed it's picture to Jen. She'll probably, keel over upon opening it.

Chris is the person I told you about that owned a major piece of original Crow OA.

Chris, meet Jerel. Jerel, Chris. Major piece of Crow OA - you get to meet Jerel as well.

:insane:

(worship) Just emailed it's picture to Jen. She'll probably, keel over upon opening it.

lol yeah if she's a fan it's gonna love that one.

:gossip: I sent you a PM by the way.

lol yeah if she's a fan it's gonna love that one.

:gossip: I sent you a PM by the way.

She's a fan. She's sexyghoul. She has the #1 Crow registry set now(until you or William) decide to bump her off.

Do it :baiting: There only can be one, lol.

She's a fan. She's sexyghoul. She has the #1 Crow registry set now (until you or William) decide to bump her off.

If anyone has that firepower right now, it is William since he has all the books (and then some), and at least one set in 9.6 or better condition.

A Crow 1 CGC 9.8 Qualified is only 108 points more than a Crow 1 CGC 9.6 Universal, so not the massive point difference we all would expect.

But give Chris another year and I bet he will uncover all the other books in 9.8 condition.

She's a fan. She's sexyghoul. She has the #1 Crow registry set now (until you or William) decide to bump her off.

If anyone has that firepower right now, it is William since he has all the books (and then some), and at least one set in 9.6 or better condition.

A Crow 1 CGC 9.8 Qualified is only 108 points more than a Crow 1 CGC 9.6 Universal, so not the massive point difference we all would expect.

But give Chris another year and I bet he will uncover all the other books in 9.8 condition.

I am starting to think the others don't exist. :sorry:

I was hoping ShowcaseNewEngland was going to unearth some more. I know William was probably hoping too :roflmao:.

They're out there. These books are just closely guarded by collectors. Even when Gary Dolgoff came up with two Crow 4 CGC 9.8 books, that was shocking but the bidding was fierce.

:wishluck:

I am gonna need a bigger boat! :ohnoez:

Any guesses what this is gonna go for?

:roflmao:

Well, before we start comparing scars, I bet it will be a fight all the way up to $900-$1,100.

By the way, did I ever show you this one? Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart.

hearts4.jpg

This book will EASILY hit $1k. I would hazard to guess this book will sell for between $1400-1600. And thats without me even bidding........ :devil:

Seriously, I got no stake in that book at all, but I can't believe how many people are still going to bid on this book in the face of all the red flags surrounding this auction. Even some of you who said you weren't going to bid, commmmmme onnnn...don't BS a BS'er.

Seriously, I got no stake in that book at all, but I can't believe how many people are still going to bid on this book in the face of all the red flags surrounding this auction. Even some of you who said you weren't going to bid, commmmmme onnnn...don't BS a BS'er.
Not gunna do it!

1992_host_carvey1.jpg

Here are the Crow comics I picked up last month. I didn't realize that I didn't have a scan of the #4, I will add one tonight when I get home. I enjoyed them and after reading them a second time I loved them. It really is a fantastic series.

caliber-presents-1-copyb-f-t.jpg caliber-presents-1-copyb-b-t.jpg

crow-1-f-t.jpg crow-1-b-t.jpg

crow-2-f-t.jpg crow-2-b-t.jpg

crow-3-f-t.jpg crow-3-b-t.jpg

caliber-christmas-copyb-t.jpg

Here are the Crow comics I picked up last month. I didn't realize that I didn't have a scan of the #4, I will add one tonight when I get home. I enjoyed them and after reading them a second time I loved them. It really is a fantastic series.

I really enjoyed A Caliber Christmas myself, I'm glad it was part of your set.

I really enjoyed A Caliber Christmas myself, I'm glad it was part of your set.

Actually, one of the better parts of the story because of Eric remembering back to happier times. Plus, there are a few other great stories in this collection non-Crow focused.

Yeah Chris, I often feel the same way. #'s 1-3 have proven to be tough if not seemingly impossible. I do think that Nick is right and that there are a few more out there. Just the fact that two #1's in 9.8 have been added to the census this past year gives me hope that a few others may surface over the next couple years. :wishluck: I've been buying sets of this series for the past 17 years so I can wait a few more if that's what it takes. :insane:

Jerel, no worries about me bumping your ex out of the top spot any time soon. It's never been about being the best or registry points for me (not that I'm knocking the registry in anyway). I don't know if I will ever list my set and if I do it will be when I have "finished" it.

One thing that I do know: I am thankful that over the years I've found so many great people who love these 4 (or 7) comics as much as I do!!