• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Ok everyone, I feel like the natives are getting restless, so I think I will post the scan that Bill sent to me, even though it is still on its way to me.

The check is in the mail... :roflmao:

Seriously though, i hope you receive that piece, love it (thumbs u

(but color me skeptic)

Bill will follow through this time. He has done everything that he said he would. A part of my New Year's philosophy is to not take life so seriously. It is too damned short for strife and ill feelings. He and I made a deal to put this behind us and move on. I trust him to do the right thing. Not much more to say than that. I feel very good about the outcome.

That's awesome. I bet he never thought he'd receive so much flack about a commission on the comic book chat boards. Looking forward to seeing you post a pic of it here when it's in hand.

CSSRECREATION-WEB.jpg

THAT is a fantastic piece of artwork!

:applause:

Exquisite , indeed!

That's great that he wrote , "after Craig" and added a lot of his own style/perspective. Truly unique piece. I love art referencing art. The logo with the little hash marks outside the border etc all great touches and care.

To be honest, I was hoping for a home run like this to make it right.

CSSRECREATION-WEB.jpg

THAT is a fantastic piece of artwork!

:applause:

Exquisite , indeed!

That's great that he wrote , "after Craig" and added a lot of his own style/perspective. Truly unique piece. I love art referencing art. The logo with the little hash marks outside the border etc all great touches and care.

To be honest, I was hoping for a home run like this to make it right.

The touches that you comment on are the same ones that make me love it so much. Bill's inking style is most definitely on display as well. This is a walk off, bottom of the ninth home run. :)

Glad to see a resolution to this, and it is a great piece of art :applause: Kudos Scott for the cool new wheels and the perseverence to obtain a nice showpiece.

That said, and I guess I am in the minority here, I still find the whole preceding situation inexcusable. Whether he meant to draw something offensive or not (and I am not buying that he was oblivious to it), it took THREE YEARS. I have little in the way of OA (in the process of learning before buying lol ), but if I do delve into the realm I already have a do not buy list in place of a couple of artists including Bill Sienkiewicz. Sad really, but simply because you work in a creative endeavor does not give you the right to trample upon customers. Anyway, my two cents :preach:

Glad to see a resolution to this, and it is a great piece of art :applause: Kudos Scott for the cool new wheels and the perseverence to obtain a nice showpiece.

That said, and I guess I am in the minority here, I still find the whole preceding situation inexcusable. Whether he meant to draw something offensive or not (and I am not buying that he was oblivious to it), it took THREE YEARS. I have little in the way of OA (in the process of learning before buying lol ), but if I do delve into the realm I already have a do not buy list in place of a couple of artists including Bill Sienkiewicz. Sad really, but simply because you work in a creative endeavor does not give you the right to trample upon customers. Anyway, my two cents :preach:

Thank you Heath. The new wheels are definitely a lot of fun. A true blast from the past. :)

As for the rest of your post, your two cents are understandable. If I was not trying to change my way of thinking, I would feel as you do. That is not to say that you are wrong for how you feel. I have simply decided to forgive and forget. Thanks for having my back. (worship)

He didn't suddenly see the error of his ways. He got hammered after this spread and i think he finally realized this could end up costing him money....

Exactly. That wonderful EC drawing should have been his response to realizing and owning up to the fact that he had procrastinated 3 years in returning a contracted drawing. Not as an apology for procrastinating 3 years, finally sending you a 3 minute sketch, and inadvertently (?) offending you with a hidden image.