• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Greatest BAD movie of all time

218 posts in this topic

No Escape (Liotta) at the top of the list.

Good one! I liked this movie as a kid and was just trying to track down a cheap copy on eBay. Here are some other sweet "it's so bad it's good" action movies...

Death Wish 3: wooden acting, ludicrous and grotesque plot developments, over the top violence against the elderly and the bloodiest 30 minutes in cinematic history make this one a real standout.

Out for Justice: Segal wears a sweater vest with no shirt and a beret for the majority of the movie. Also he has a rat tail.

I LOVE bad movies.

Street Trash is definitely up there and one of the best-worst of all time.

Troll 2 is untouchable, too. It gave us great lines like, "they're eating her...and then they're going to eat me...OHHHH MYYYY GODDDDD!"

Most 70s Korean fantasy is super awesome.

All the Critters movies were awesome.

The best newer bad movie is definitely Dragon Wars. It had it all: a nonsense plot, terrible acting, and the most ridiculous special effects ever.

10,000 B.C. was hilariously bad, too. Remember when that piece of gold pyramid top falls off and looks like it was made on a playstation 1?

Troll 2 is one of the FUNNIEST MOVIES ever. Without meaning to be!

Also, Deathstalker 2 is the epitome of hilarity.

How could this thread go 9 pages and no one mention SHOWGIRLS one of the truly awful yet funny movies.

Tremors is so fun, I watch it everytime its on cable. I gotta tell you guys, I may just do a thread for "KNOWING". Wow, what a surprise. My girlfriend and I absolutely loved this movie. I think all of you guys (and girls) will like it. I about had given up on Nicholas Cage, but after reading 3 great reviews of the film, we decided to give it a try. The best film of the year IMO.

I just got through with watching 'Knowing', and I'm sorry but that was without a shadow of a doubt the stupidest, most pathetic piece of trash cinema I have EVER been subjected to in my life! It's even worse than I Am Legend!

I'm sorry but I'm actually seriously angry having just watched it. The writer, in all seriousness, deserves to be shot for his crimes against humanity.

This one line from the film makes my blood boil: "Right now my scientific mind is telling me to have nothing more to do with this." :sick::mad::censored:

The writer is a grade A imbecile.

The special effects were quite cool though :)

Seriously? Well if you didnt' like "Dark City", which is by the same director, perhaps you didnt' get it. I won't even give this anymore energy, as "different folks.." as Tom Waits says "Opinions are just like a'holes, everyone's got one." And I'll respect yours, even if I totally disagree. Perhaps you should read this review http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090318/REVIEWS/903189991/1023

And not that I like or even agree with Ebert, but its a decent review. I cant' even argue with you though, you like Morricone who is among my fav'.

How could this thread go 9 pages and no one mention SHOWGIRLS one of the truly awful yet funny movies.

Tremors is so fun, I watch it everytime its on cable. I gotta tell you guys, I may just do a thread for "KNOWING". Wow, what a surprise. My girlfriend and I absolutely loved this movie. I think all of you guys (and girls) will like it. I about had given up on Nicholas Cage, but after reading 3 great reviews of the film, we decided to give it a try. The best film of the year IMO.

I just got through with watching 'Knowing', and I'm sorry but that was without a shadow of a doubt the stupidest, most pathetic piece of trash cinema I have EVER been subjected to in my life! It's even worse than I Am Legend!

I'm sorry but I'm actually seriously angry having just watched it. The writer, in all seriousness, deserves to be shot for his crimes against humanity.

This one line from the film makes my blood boil: "Right now my scientific mind is telling me to have nothing more to do with this." :sick::mad::censored:

Seriously? Well if you didnt' like "Dark City", which is by the same director, perhaps you didnt' get it. I won't even give this anymore energy, as "different folks.." as Tom Waits says "Opinions are just like a'holes, everyone's got one." And I'll respect yours, even if I totally disagree. Perhaps you should read this review http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090318/REVIEWS/903189991/1023

And not that I like or even agree with Ebert, but its a decent review. I cant' even argue with you though, you like Morricone who is among my fav'.

Well, if we are going to mention Tremors, might as well throw in CHUD, I had a blast watching it. You could also add about half of Charles Band's Full Moon movies (Ghoulies, Trancers, Puppet Masters, etc.) Any Sybill Danning girls-in-prison film qualifies as well.

Night of the Comet is one of my favorite movies, but probably belongs on this list.

Knowing was an outstanding sci-fi film for entertainment; granted it wasn't meant to be a perfect documentary. One man's trash is another's treasure, I suppose. :whistle:

Night of the Comet is one of my favorite movies, but probably belongs on this list.

I like that movie, too. (thumbs u

Kelli Maroney in a cheerleading outfit :cloud9:

:o Funny, most of the 'Bad/Cheesy Movies' I love have already been covered:

Night of the Comet

Commando

Roadhouse

Big Trouble in Little China

and I can't forget...

The Road Warrior and by nature, Beyond Thunderdome

Battle Beyond the Stars

Whenever they're on, I always get drawn-in and can't turn away! :cloud9:

... anyone remember Warrior of the Lost World?! MST3K did that one once; in a post-apocalyptic world our hero rides a trash-talkin', foul-mouthed, rocket-shootin' motocycle against a facist regime ruled by Donald Pleasance (or, something to that effect). (thumbs u

Hey, I really liked Dark City and Ravenous, they're not bad movies as far as what truly defines a "bad" film IMO. 2c

My wife and I have a little competition to find the worst B movie,and we always try to top each other.Has anyone seen "Surf Nazis Must Die"? or my guilty pleasure "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"? or "Alien Autopsy" pure cinematic gold :insane:

My wife and I have a little competition to find the worst B movie,and we always try to top each other.Has anyone seen "Surf Nazis Must Die"? or my guilty pleasure "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"? or "Alien Autopsy" pure cinematic gold :insane:

One that will give these a run for their money is "She-Wolves of the Wasteland"...comes with the tag-line...

"What do you get when you combine big hair, big guns, big, um...personalities! and a serious lack of wardrobe? She-Wolves of the Wasteland...Leave your brain behind for this shamelessly sinful sexploitation romp with a plot you won't remember...but plenty of eye candy you won't forget!" lol

Anyone have an MP3 of "Puberty Love" - the wonderful song from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? It really is a great bad movie. However, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes 2 is really just a bad movie.

I think Troma's Toxic Avenger is already on this list somewhere - if not, it should be!

For foreign films: Big Man Japan is awesome!