• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,113 posts in this topic

I think this is possibly the single best GA Captain America cover ever done. What say you? :popcorn:

63194.jpg

I absolutely agree!

cueing Bedrock to come in and post that BEAUT of a MMC4... or RD, his is about the nicest (outside of bedrock's) I have seen

Thanks for the intro....you just had to call me out!

My corner stone comic.

:cloud9:

Front cover:

MarvelMysteryComics4CGC9_0Rmylite2.jpg

Amazing copy Roy. What was the story on it again?

I find myself going into my comic book room 2 or 3 times a day just to look at it. Just imagine what I'd do if I ever owned a true GA key. :)

Just an fyi, this a "true" GA key around these parts.

;)

For sure. 1st Subby cover in the MM run..bondage...Schomburg...1st Nazi swastika.. (thumbs u

was once thought to be the first swastika; i think there's a top-notch that pre-dated it.

Thanks BP...I never knew that :cool:

Thanks a million! (Image saved.)

And thank you (((Sha!))) Didn't you say you had a MMC #4 too?

And here's the back cover on my copy. (Scanned before I cracked it out.) I wonder what book it's from?

mmc-4-b.jpg

I just noticed in the ad text that it says "fits 1948 models" so this back cover is definitely from a much later book.

Definitely not from a Timely BC....

This book was already posted in the "Someone show some GA Pictures from SDCC..Please!!" thread, but it really deserves to be here. It was once part of a bound volume & trimmed, but has great color and presents nicely...not to mention it made it affordable. I think this is possibly the single best GA Captain America cover ever done. What say you? :popcorn:

63194.jpg

Nice copy Fuelman of a highly desirable Schomburg Cap Cover. USA 7 is a "top 10" Schomburg GA Cap in my book, but everyone here knows that I think this is the BEST Cap cover of the GA :foryou::banana:

allSelect1front.jpg

cueing Bedrock to come in and post that BEAUT of a MMC4... or RD, his is about the nicest (outside of bedrock's) I have seen

Thanks for the intro....you just had to call me out!

My corner stone comic.

Front cover:

MarvelMysteryComics4CGC9_0Rmylite2.jpg

Amazing copy Roy. What was the story on it again?

The book was an old label 9.0 MP off white. It has very little resto done to it as it had an SP? written in the grading notes when I called CGC. Would have graded higher than 9.0 if the book did not have a stain on the back cover top left. I procured the book from our own Centaurman who graciously allowed me to take care of it after he shifted his focus. It was also previously owned by Bedrock, Ciorac and maybe another boardie. It's found a home with me.

The book was an old label 9.0 MP off white. It has very little resto done to it as it had an SP? written in the grading notes when I called CGC. Would have graded higher than 9.0 if the book did not have a stain on the back cover top left. I procured the book from our own Centaurman who graciously allowed me to take care of it after he shifted his focus. It was also previously owned by Bedrock, Ciorac and maybe another boardie. It's found a home with me.

amazing book Roy :applause: Thanks for the info :)

As some of you know from the books I bought from you, I am a total DC geek, but I had to have this issue ever since I saw it in Steranko's History of the Comics many moons ago. Not until years later did I find out it was the only Kirby cover. Enjoy!

mm12.JPG

Some of those green men aren't so little. (tsk)

niche

:tonofbricks:

(shrug)

'Cause I am a little green men niche collector.

and a bichey one, at that.

What is your nitch?