• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,124 posts in this topic

For Captain America or Torchy, I'll take Schomburg over Simon&Kirby

I think Kirby's Captain America is one of the single greatest acchievements of the Golden Age. I guess that's what makes horse races.

I'm going to have to agree with Adamstrange on this one. S&K Cap never really did much for me to be honest. :shy:

Once again we agree. The first 20 issues of Cap do so little for me :sorry:

Jim

I think Kirby's Captain America is one of the single greatest acchievements of the Golden Age. I guess that's what makes horse races.

I'm going to have to agree with Adamstrange on this one. S&K Cap never really did much for me to be honest. :shy:

Jim

Actually I really disliked a lot of Kirby's GA work in general. A lot of those Adventure comics with the Manhunter covers and those spindly arms and legs were :eek: not his best work by any means.

Jim

Actually I really disliked a lot of Kirby's GA work in general. A lot of those Adventure comics with the Manhunter covers and those spindly arms and legs were :eek: not his best work by any means.

Differing tastes make the world go 'round...

Adventure 73 and 79 are probably two of my absolute favorite DC golden age covers. The Kirby stories inside are very cool too.

Here's another...

adventure78.jpg

Jim

I only like 1-4...16 is ok as well..the later Schomburg covers are much more appealing like 26-33 (except 32 is Shores I believe.) Edited by Primetime

Jim

Differing tastes make the world go 'round...

Adventure 73 and 79 are probably two of my absolute favorite DC golden age covers. The Kirby stories inside are very cool too.

Here's another...

adventure78.jpg

Its not that I don't enjoy the covers in general but what's with everyone looking like a bow legged chicken?

No Timely's posted in over a week? My favorite Everett cover of all-time.

smc33eb.jpg[/img]

OMG, if he holds that man under any longer he will die!

Oh wait, it's a baddie. :devil:

Nice cover! (thumbs u

Just back from CGC. Frankly, surprised by the Young Allies #4. Looks better than either the #5 (really brown and chipped edges on the back cover) or #9. It is a really nicely presenting 3.0 with decent PQ. Oh well, it is a crapshoot sometimes.

youngallies4a.jpg

youngallies5a.jpg

youngallies9.jpg

Just back from CGC. Frankly, surprised by the Young Allies #4. Looks better than either the #5 (really brown and chipped edges on the back cover) or #9. It is a really nicely presenting 3.0 with decent PQ. Oh well, it is a crapshoot sometimes.

youngallies9.jpg

Winners all, but this one is particularly cool :applause:

youngallies9.jpg

Winners all, but this one is particularly cool :applause:

gotta love y.a. 9, and indeed all the timely green idol baddie covers.

ya9.jpg

usa12.jpg

cap35-1.jpg

youngallies4a.jpg

youngallies5a.jpg

youngallies9.jpg

Sweet!!! Some really nice ones! :applause:

youngallies4a.jpg

youngallies5a.jpg

youngallies9.jpg

Sweet!!! Some really nice ones! :applause:

Great Books, All!! This thread has really heightened my appreciation of Timely books after being primarily a DC collector for the last thirty/forty years. BTW, I had my only Timely--a Marvel Mystery 54--slabbed a few years ago and it came back a 5.0. with Off White pages. Can anyone tell me what the GPA is on this book? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

SLR

Great Books, All!! This thread has really heightened my appreciation of Timely books after being primarily a DC collector for the last thirty/forty years. BTW, I had my only Timely--a Marvel Mystery 54--slabbed a few years ago and it came back a 5.0. with Off White pages. Can anyone tell me what the GPA is on this book? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

SLR

there is no gpa for a 5.0 mmc 54...

If Toro can just blast a giant hole through the middle of the dam, does Tubby really need to be trying to use what looks like a highly unstable bundle of high explosives to do the job?

complete1.jpg