• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Ahh I see.. No worries but I really do appreciate the feedback. I just hope he ca provide proof of the pedigree as I love jerry robinsons work. Just that alone is worth it to me..

....either way, you still have a very cool book that everyone wants. Sometimes it's best to put concerns about value and grade on the back burner and just enjoy that book .... sometimes concerns with consensus will just take all the fun out of it 2c GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That is some really good advice! You have a copy of a book that I want oh so badly; so, enjoy! :grin:

Edited by mdktkd2

I don't think I've posted this here. I sold this to Billy when getting a divorce in 2005, who upgraded some years later and sold it to Russ. Russ upgraded about maybe 6 months ago and put me back into my old book!!! Crazy man, crazy ....

usa2_zps0aafe825.jpg

Great book and its a small world! :headbang:

"Doom in the Desert" :headbang:

Haven't posted this here yet either ....

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

I don't think I've posted this here. I sold this to Billy when getting a divorce in 2005, who upgraded some years later and sold it to Russ. Russ upgraded about maybe 6 months ago and put me back into my old book!!! Crazy man, crazy ....

usa2_zps0aafe825.jpg

Thanks!! Yeah, we try to keep books in the family if someone would like something back (thumbs u

usa2_zps0aafe825.jpg

Thanks!! Yeah, we try to keep books in the family if someone would like something back (thumbs u

That is cool. I know I've had many a case of seller's remorse. :sorry:

Ahh I see.. No worries but I really do appreciate the feedback. I just hope he ca provide proof of the pedigree as I love jerry robinsons work. Just that alone is worth it to me..

I have to agree...that would be cool! (thumbs u

+1... that would be sweet man I hope he can!!! :wishluck: Robinson is a truly iconic figure to the medium...GL and keep us all in the loop as far as what happens!! (thumbs u

So he got back to me and said he could not prove the pedigree.

He has agreed to give me back 1g making it a 2k cost to me.

Love the book but thoughts?

+1... that would be sweet man I hope he can!!! :wishluck: Robinson is a truly iconic figure to the medium...GL and keep us all in the loop as far as what happens!! (thumbs u

Too bad about no proof but it is still a great book! :cloud9:

I just received 1 of 2 submissions I sent in before Christmas. I snuck in the 4 free coupon on December 30th, Baby! :whee: I have posted all of these before but I thought I'd show the grade they came back as. Only 1 small bad surprise in this batch.

th_ca41cgc_zpsb4a56048.jpg

I figured a 1.5/1.8 but I missed the color touch! :cry: Oh well.

The USA Comics came in with either OW or OWW pages which made me very happy. :) The 13 came back a full grade higher than I had it graded. The 14 was dead-on and the 15 was 1/2 a grade higher than I thought. :whee:

th_usa13cgc_zps9ca82991.jpgth_usa14cgc_zpsc4a24305.jpgth_usa15cgc_zpsf22da595.jpg

usa2_zps0aafe825.jpg

That is cool. I know I've had many a case of seller's remorse. :sorry:

Oh I have too, believe me!! That's another reason to sell books to your pals!! In addition to making them happy, sometimes you wind up getting the book back (thumbs u

my thoughts: it's not a pedigree, anyway, and i'd take a grand over it once being owned by a famous artist any day of the week, twice on sunday.

my thoughts: it's not a pedigree, anyway, and i'd take a grand over it once being owned by a famous artist any day of the week, twice on sunday.

Well how does everyone perceive a book supposedly owned by a famous artist.

I wasn't provided any proof so all we have is my word and the guy that sold it to me.

I wasn't provided any proof so all we have is my word and the guy that sold it to me.

It's like the Don Rosa collection: If you like Don Rosa then having something from his collection is cool; otherwise, it doesn't mean that much. Because its a collection and not a pedigree, its not necessarily something the artist bought off the rack; he could have bought it second-hand. Cool but not Pedigree cool!

It's like the Don Rosa collection: If you like Don Rosa then having something from his collection is cool; otherwise, it doesn't mean that much. Because its a collection and not a pedigree, its not necessarily something the artist bought off the rack; he could have bought it second-hand. Cool but not Pedigree cool!

Yeah, it's sorta like the Nick Cage Collection or the R. Cat Conrad Collection. Talented artists in their respective fields, but they're just the jokers who bought the books. lol

Yeah, it's sorta like the Nick Cage Collection or the R. Cat Conrad Collection. Talented artists in their respective fields, but they're just the jokers who bought the books. lol

Well who cares of Nick Cage owned the book he has no involvement in creating it lol.

Where jerry robinson did some inking on cap america #3.. So That would mean a lot to any owner of the book..