• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

I can't imagine Namora or the bound brunette looking more radiant, ...unless that torpedo explodes.

They really are pretty. I cannot wait until its in hand.  The book, not the torpedo. Really, really tempted to break it out and see just how nice the book, other than the obvious front cover damage, is.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:25 PM, Badger said:

They really are pretty. I cannot wait until its in hand.  The book, not the torpedo. Really, really tempted to break it out and see just how nice the book, other than the obvious front cover damage, is.

Very pretty book and a significant collection. Big congrats on the win! (thumbsu

:tink:

On 7/22/2021 at 8:06 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Very pretty book and a significant collection. Big congrats on the win! (thumbsu

Coming from you, my 9.4+ collecting friend, that is quite the compliment! :blush:   Are you going to be at Oafcon this year?

On 7/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, Badger said:

Coming from you, my 9.4+ collecting friend, that is quite the compliment! :blush:   Are you going to be at Oafcon this year?

Unless the pandemic takes another victory lap around the country, yes!  :sumo:

I have tables paid for and Bob Wayne and I are planning the sojourn to north (fingers crossed).

On 7/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Unless the pandemic takes another victory lap around the country, yes!  :sumo:

I have tables paid for and Bob Wayne and I are planning the sojourn to north (fingers crossed).

Very cool! I was psyched to hear that it was happening this year. Now that I live in Oklahoma it is a no-brainer for me. :tink:

On 8/6/2021 at 9:50 PM, Ameri said:

Here's some fun I had with photoshop, a mix of Marvel 15 & USA 2. Are these the only two Timely tunnel covers?  

Marvel 15 USA 2 mix.jpg

I believe you are correct. Unless, Marvel Mystery 36 counts as a tunnel cover🤔 but it’s more of a zoomed out perspective. Schomburg was the master at drawing perspectives. I love the tunnel depth on the 15. I still think the 36 tunnel is the same scene on the 15 cover even though Schomburg made a tight squeeze on the 36 tunnel - can’t get a tank through that 😂

8685C21D-815A-4F93-AD2A-EAC152655C71.jpeg

5516560A-E0A0-4722-89C0-5D95A9035730.jpeg

Edited by Primetime