• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 4:18 AM, Subby1938 said:

Another big add for me as I’m closing in on a good chunk of consecutive Subbys. I need issue 11,13 to complete a blue label run from 10-42. 

Sub-Mariner Comics 10 1943

06DBCD92-1735-401C-A9FA-FA575E82870D.jpeg

I saw this is a sales thread and thought about it. NOW I'm glad that I only thought about it, as it's in a much more Subby complete collection than mine would be! Great grab!!!  (thumbsu

I’m happy you passed with every auction that passes I’m being more and more squeezed out . I tried to win the 3.5 on Heritage not even close . I was fortunate I saw this on Instagram planted the seed early and few weeks later it was mine . Great book and I’m happy playing down here in low grade pool lol. 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:25 AM, Subby1938 said:

I’m happy you passed with every auction that passes I’m being more and more squeezed out . I tried to win the 3.5 on Heritage not even close . I was fortunate I saw this on Instagram planted the seed early and few weeks later it was mine . Great book and I’m happy playing down here in low grade pool lol. 

Subby is a favorite of mine (especially Everett Subby), but the only book I have from the Sub-Mariner run is Atlas issue #33, as I sold the rest off many moons ago. I DO still have some Marvel Mystery issues that Subby is a cover feature! 

Marvel Mystery 22.jpg

On 8/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, Robot Man said:

I have been reduced to the ankle deep part of the pool for Timelys. Got this a while back. Probably haven't gotten a Timely in 3 years but this turned up at a real fair price and was one I was after. Probably makes your beauty look like the Church copy...:roflmao:

comsubmariner18shark.jpg

Always been one of my favorite covers. real head scratcher that I've never owned one. Looks like a copy I'd be happy to own!

On 8/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, Badger said:

Always been one of my favorite covers. real head scratcher that I've never owned one. Looks like a copy I'd be happy to own!

Looks a little brown inside but not bad. Not flakey, chipping or brittle. Pages are real flexible and a nice, clean complete cover. I got it at about 60% of Good Guide. Thought it was a steal. 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Subby is a favorite of mine (especially Everett Subby), but the only book I have from the Sub-Mariner run is Atlas issue #33, as I sold the rest off many moons ago. I DO still have some Marvel Mystery issues that Subby is a cover feature! 

Marvel Mystery 22.jpg

I always felt the 20 and 22 were like cousins

Marvel 20 final2.JPG

The other book with a comic pimped on the cover is #14, but it's on the left side of the cover...

(Before anyone asks, Yes, this used to be a 7.5. But CGC determined that Alex Schomburg's signature on the cover is a production defect so the grade was changed)

mm14.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

BIG New (14 & 17) verses BIG ACTION PACKED (19, 20 & 23) are the only differences with the inserted covers, that and after #14 the remarks were actually placed inside the arrow.  

Love those little cameo covers!  :luhv:    All beautiful books, ...and I like the "production defect."

:tink: