• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

The Marvel mystery run is the last run I'm gonna do (save be best for last).

BTW, what's the 1st coolest collection you've seen...and yours does not count now that it's been disassembled! 893naughty-thumb.gifhi.gif

Timely

The Marvel mystery run is the last run I'm gonna do (save be best for last).

BTW, what's the 1st coolest collection you've seen...and yours does not count now that it's been disassembled! 893naughty-thumb.gifhi.gif

Timely

Oh, my former collection wasn't in the top 10. It's the guy who I sold it to..the one with the Rockford Detective #27. He had an unrestored Fine Marvel Mystery #1 with just the October date, a Superman #1, Batman #1, Cap #1, All Amercian #16, Suspense #3, and a boatload of super high grade Marvels and DC's in VF/NM. He had a full run of Flash, Batman, All-American, USA Comics, Captain America (including #74 and 75 obviously) Submariner (some of those early issues from the 1950's I had never seen before)...

(pulling out my Gerbers)

Let's see...he had:

A high grade run of Phantom Lady comics

Very high grade Miss Fury, full set of Silver Streak, full runs of pre-code horror. Centaurs, Better, Nedor's, you name it. He had a book sitting out that he was looking at before I came over in probably NM+ (it was that clean) and he told me how hard it was to find in grade. It was a Sub-Mariner #29 with the "club" cover. Is that book really hard to find in high grade or at all?

Also, he's 8 books away from having the full set of MLJ titles, which I myself was trying to complete. Oh yeah he had the Windy City Sugar 'n' Spike #1. 12,000 books. I'm quite sure you have higher grade copies, but just the sheer amount of high grade books the man has by all those different publishers was overwhelming to me, a lil 'ol MLJ/Archie collector.

Can you say who the collector is? If you can't that's cool too! There's still alot of amazing collections out there that will never see the light of day! As Gary Carter once said in a article in a old CBM it's like they went into a black hole,never to be seen again!!!!